Harassment from Seller

sivso
Contributor
Contributor

I did a bulk order with an international seller as it would be more cost effective and they had fantastic reviews. However, they severely messed up my order - I didn't even receive half of it and other items were sent incorrectly. Went through several months of chasing after the seller to find out what was going on. Ended up putting through a dispute with Paypal because the seller was unresponsive. This is when the seller finally replies to me and says they sent my order to someone else altogether. I told them I will consider the issue resolved if they send me the items I ordered or I get a refund from Paypal. They said they'd send me the items but wanted me to close my case in Paypal first. I didn't trust them so I kept my case open and told them I'll close it only if I receive my stuff. The seller never sent my order and I ended up getting my refund from Paypal. This did not go well with them at all. They started demanding me to cover their "business loss" due to them sending my stuff to the wrong person. I told them that's not my issue to solve as it was a mistake on their end, but they continued to harass me about it and even sent a payment request through Paypal. I cancelled the payment and blocked the contact but they kept messaging me on my cell. I blocked their phone number but they just started spamming me with calls and messages from another number. I've now blocked this second number also but I am worried that they will try to contact me again through some other means. Now I'm wondering, can you report a seller for harassment through Paypal?  Or have Paypal put a seller on a blacklist or something of the sort so that others know not to deal with them?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ishvarud26
Contributor
Contributor
Were you able to stop this situation because the same thing is happening to me right now.
Login to Me Too

sivso
Contributor
Contributor

After I blocked them on all ends, they have not bothered me since. However, I never found out if there is a way to blacklist them. I feel like Paypal doesn't have that option, unfortunately. If it had continued, I would have probably asked my cell service provider or Whatsapp to take action.. worst case put in a police report. Thankfully, they have left me alone so those measures were not necessary.

Login to Me Too

Ishvarud26
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to reach out to Paypal and its true that they dont have a system to block these harassers. I'll just try what you did and hopefully it also works for me. Thanks for the reply.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.