Hacked

daswingle
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal was hacked.  Someone named Malcolm was supposedly helping me resolve the issue, but instead convinced me to make two large zelle tranfers... one to Willie <removed> & one to Angela <removed>.  The hacker was named Nicolas something from Indiana, or so Malcolm said.  I feel rather stupid. Are there people who work here that actually do that sort of thing?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daswingle 

That is something customer services would never do so sounds as if its a FAKE number inserted into google search and pretending to be paypal customer services.

Or was it a spoof fake paypal email with their telephone (fake) number on?

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daswingle 

That is something customer services would never do so sounds as if its a FAKE number inserted into google search and pretending to be paypal customer services.

Or was it a spoof fake paypal email with their telephone (fake) number on?

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.