Stolen money. Facebook Ireland Scam 2020!

Berik
Contributor
Contributor

Today I was scammed! 

I have never made any subscriptions on Facebook! I have never paid anything to Facebook! I opened a new email for Paypal only! I have never used this email anywhere! And today got this unauthorized payment! I opened a dispute but Paypal replayed that it was made by me! But I have never done it! And I found out that MANY people had the SAME issue!!!!! https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Archive/Facebook-Ireland-Ltd-Fake-paymente/td-p/486884  Check this. Paypal please don't blame us in your BAD security system and give back our money! 

Please tell me what to do?????????

Paypal answer:

We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.

The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement you previously set up with the merchant.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Berik 

Please contact customer service and ask them to review the case again more closely:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Also cancel the automatic payment profile from Facebook:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and select Cancel on the next page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Berik
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to contact you. But it is not working. they are not solving the issue. Not only for me but for everybody!

Login to Me Too

JNTexas
New Community Member

Your Paypal bill will reflect FB seller 1998316600435522. This is a KNOWN scam if you read other people's comments below. I don't HAVE a Facebook account. A scammer has hacked us ALL. In my case it was "to" the CDC Foundation, which is an actual charity so it looks legit to Paypal. The scammer continues to use PayPal because Paypal doesn't block them or investigate or return our money to us. And if you notice, the scammer has set up Re-occurring payments too!! This is a global scam. I'm in Texas, guy below in Ireland. All I had to do was put that seller's number above in the search bar on Google and it pulls up SCAM. Shame on PayPal for not returning our money to us.

Login to Me Too

hollyday27
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I am in a similar situation and PayPal refuses to help me. My disputes instantly get denied. I was charges hundreds of dollars through my Panera app in a location clear across the country. PayPal is denying my claims because it was a "billing agreement" that I had preauthorized on my app for my own purchases. The fraudulent order was placed in California and I'm in Illinois. I'm so upset and can't afford these charges especially during such a pandemic. I'm rethinking how I do business with PayPal and needless to say I will NEVER agree to a billing agreement ever again! 

Login to Me Too

Temp20201203
New Community Member

Our organisation has also had this problem.  Paypal have closed the dispute.  I have now messaged them asking for it to be re-opened.  If it isn't resolved, I will consider closing our account with Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

HuyTheVietNam
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, stolen on April 20th, $409,66, and Paypal not protect us. I do not believe in Paypal anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.