Goasterstore phaeton information technology.

immyja
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a garden kneeler from this company and only received a small tool pouch does anyone have a similar experience 

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

knegrotto
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the text of the email that finally provided the key to resolution!

Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 10 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller’s favor.

To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Examples of such agencies could include:

• The Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov)
  • Your state's Consumer Protection office
  • Your state police
  • A Federal law enforcement agency such as the FBI or Postal Inspection Service
  • A report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) isn’t acceptable for this document request

Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

• Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
  • Report specific details regarding the item you received
  • You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
  • The report must contain the following information: It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    • It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    • It must include the agency's or organization's contact information

Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

Login to Me Too

jdwright704
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a failure to understand how we can all be dealing with the same fraud from the same company yet PayPal is feeding us different responses and making us jump through different hoops. Is there no adult in charge there who gives direction when a case like this pops up?

Login to Me Too

Newsome17
Contributor
Contributor

As others have commented below PayPal will do nothing until you file an IC3 complaint with the FBI. Links are provided on other comments. I did get a 100% refund from PayPal, but had to waste a lot of time jumping through these hoops with PayPal first. I agree with others that PayPal should be more forthcoming in this matter, but if you are patient and follow suggests from folks who have been successful you should get a refund.

Another another note, I will NEVER use PayPal to pay for another product from ANY supplier. And I've let them know this. A complaint against a scammer can be resolved my easier with a credit card company, and I don't think PayPal deserves to make anything off purchases after the way they've handled or not handled this matter. 

Login to Me Too

BO_in_Texas
Contributor
Contributor

Don't give up.  Get a copy of the ad you responded to, outline your desire to either have the complete product or a 100% refund.
I got offered an insignificant discount on the original scam to settle and said "no".  PayPal made it good once I supplied the evidence that would be used in court.
People are funny that way.

Login to Me Too

walnutrmn
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. I am a product of a scam. DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING LISTED ON FACEBOOK!

Check the shipping origin from any company you make a purchase BEFORE you buy!

This Phaeton company is committing theft by deception and it will continue. How many people need to be scammed before PayPal shuts down this companies account? 

I opened a dispute with Paypal which was denied. 

I'm so very angry with Phaeton, Paypal and myself.

Login to Me Too

searchpro
Contributor
Contributor
We need to file a class action lawsuit against PayPal for allowing fraudulent users to persist on the platform
Login to Me Too

gazeal
Contributor
Contributor
Let's see if PayPal will help with getting a refund from that fraudulent seller.
Login to Me Too

Newtonboy
New Community Member
My wife ordered this cart for me as well. We’ve seen nothing or heard nothing and this was at the end of May. Great scheme to get your money.
Login to Me Too

Amcmkm
New Community Member
Has anyone received their money back? If so, how?
Login to Me Too

knegrotto
Contributor
Contributor

I started my dispute July 9th and finally got a full refund today.

I called the PayPal customer phone number (expect a long wait) about 4 or 5 times. Always follow up with the information they request in the time frame required. You will have to upload additional documents. Call a few days after upload to make sure the documents made it to your file. Mine never did.

The final step they will ask is for you to report the fraud to authorities. I entered a complaint with IC3 Internet Crime Complaint Center. It was easy. After providing PayPal with a PDF of my complaint, I received a full refund in days. I had ordered 3 benches for almost $60 so that was very welcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.