Goasterstore phaeton information technology.

immyja
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a garden kneeler from this company and only received a small tool pouch does anyone have a similar experience 

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

Newsome17
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received notification that my case against Phaeton was found in my favor. I took others advice and filed an IC3 federal complaint against the company and notified PayPal. I also had to upload a copy of the complaint. Apparently that is what it takes to get PayPal's attention. My lesson learned is that I will never buy another product using PayPal. I will do everything in my power to leave negative reviews against PayPal for their lack of quick action against this company or person. Here's the link for the IC3 complaint. https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Login to Me Too

Newsome17
Contributor
Contributor

I received the cheaply made tool pouch as others have stated. I contacted Phaeton and they asked for pictures of the tool pouch and shipping labels which I sent. Then they stopped communicating with me. I've contacted PayPal to inform them that this is a scam and ask them to force refund my money from Phaeton. PayPal contacted the seller who sent a message back through PayPal that I need to return the item for a refund. Return it to China! And I was provided a Chinese return address. 

I informed PayPal that I am not spending my money to return the wrong item to China. PayPal informed me that it is the buyer's responsibility to return items for refunds. They have that totally wrong. If the item received is not what was ordered it is the seller's responsibility to issue a Return Authorization. I am  very disappointed with PayPal because they will not support me and appear to be defending the buyer who is obviously wrong and who also appears to be a spammer. I will NEVER USE PayPal to make a purchase again.

Login to Me Too

knegrotto
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure PayPal has the correct issue type. After receiving the pouch, they changed my case to "Item not as described".

I started my dispute July 9th and finally got a full refund today.

I called the PayPal customer phone number (expect a long wait) about 4 or 5 times. Always follow up with the information they request in the time frame required. You will have to upload additional documents. Call a few days after upload to make sure the documents made it to your file. Mine never did.

The final step they will ask is for you to report the fraud to authorities. I entered a complaint with IC3 Internet Crime Complaint Center. It was easy. After providing PayPal with a PDF of my complaint, I received a full refund in days. I had ordered 3 benches for almost $60 so that was very welcome.

Login to Me Too

Newsome17
Contributor
Contributor

Where did you find the PayPal telephone number? Would you mind replying with the number here? They seem to do a great job of hiding it.

Login to Me Too

knegrotto
Contributor
Contributor

It wont allow me to post it. But google paypal customer service and it is the top result.

Login to Me Too

knegrotto
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: I was TOLD I would get a full refund. But it still hasn't happened. Weeks later it is still showing "UNDER REVIEW".

Login to Me Too

kutya
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone get a refund?  I was instructed to mail back the garden tool holder and I would get a refund. I purchased the bench or so I thought.  Placed the cheap holder into envelope and was told by post office it would cost $18 plus to mail back. It's a con game.  Facebook allows them to sell and scam and Paypal pays even after others have complained.  If  I had used my charge account instead I would of had results long ago!

Login to Me Too

jonathanaw
Contributor
Contributor

I mailed mine to the distribution center in Moreno Valley, CA where they sent it from for $2, (and filed a Federal Trade Commission Complaint); I got my money back.  

Login to Me Too

rustydog68
New Community Member

I ordered garden kneeler invoice c12975244 3<removed>.1 charged me 23.98 to my. Card Never got kneeler. May 2020

Login to Me Too

Newsome17
Contributor
Contributor

There is hundreds of complaints against this company. PayPal is basically complicit with their handling of the situation, but you can get a refund if you are persistent and file a IC3 complaint. Link below. Once you file the complaint you message PayPal and pass on the information to them. It took me dozens of exchanged messages but I eventually got my money back. It also taught me a lesson to #DONOTUSEPAYPALFORANYPURCHASESEVERAGAIN

https://www.ic3.gov/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.