Getting issue escalated when RESOLUTION FAILS

Katie1709

I ordered a musical 16 inch electrical music Christmas tree carousel on December 5, 2019 for $89.99.  Not until after the payment did I see that this company was in CHINA. The order was coming from CHINA. It arrived on January 17,2020. It was a small soft envelope with a 4 inch plastic Christmas tree inside, not worth $1. I have several pictures of all of this mess.

Paypal will not refund unless I return this package to the seller in China with tracking. The return mailing fee is $50.55. I got a picture of the screen from the POST OFFICE. Paypal may only cover up to $30.  This is a plastic artificial 4 inch piece of foliage they want me to mail back to China.

Next they say dispute at my bank. That fee is $25.

Has anyone had this type of experience with PAYPAL?  I have not and I have used PAYPAL extensively since 2000

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Katie1709, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

This is the correct process if you dispute a transaction as not as described. In order to issue a full refund to you, you will be required to return the item to the seller using a tracked delivery postal method as this ensures we can verify the item has been delivered. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Elaine0321
New Community Member

I also ordered the Disney Christmas carousel tree and paid $89.90 USD. I received a 30cm plastic Christmas tree. I’ve emailed the buyer several times and been told that it’s good to use. 
I’m getting nowhere with PayPal, where is our buyer protection?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.