Funds Confiscated After 180 Days -- Is There A Process to Dispute?

db0122
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had my PayPal account unknowingly put on a permanent hold sometime last November without any communication or warning.

Once I discovered this hold in January (by attempting to pay someone with the available funds), I learned that the funds in question -- totaling $572 -- would be held for up to 180 days.  Now that the 180 days have passed, apparently PayPal has confiscated the full amount, claiming I've somehow violated the Acceptable Use Policy, though not providing any explanation of the nature of the violation.

I joined PayPal in 2000 and have never had any issues or problems.  Aside from buying and selling items off eBay years ago, my recent activity has been confined to receiving and sending money to/from friends and acquaintances for various items, etc. -- much like everyone uses Venmo.

I'd like to understand whether there's any sort of dispute one can file to have the PayPal balance rightfully returned.  This seems like a racket that a user can have funds frozen and, ultimately, confiscated without explanation.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@db0122 

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.