Fraudulent Seller

neicy62
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase with paypal for this seller <removed>. I never received my product. I contacted paypal who contacted the seller and he supplied paypal with a tracking#. I called UPS only to find out that this seller shipped it from 3M in Minnesota to a different address in my town. I called 3M and haven't heard back from them. I called the company that received the package and told them Ryan signed for the package. They said they don't know what I'm talking about and can not help me. I've called paypal but customer service is not in due to the COVID19. I've sent messages to paypal with no response, but their website keeps giving me errors. What do I do from here?

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

Kilroy65
Contributor
Contributor

Appeal it like I did and you will get your refund.

Login to Me Too

Hctra1179
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same problem with Nguyen <removed> ordered some Germ- X handsanitizer never received  the package but I was upset because I filed a dispute to get a refund of 23.96 he sent PayPal tracking information that I received it so they closed the case and I'm just out of 23.96

Login to Me Too

neicy62
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted my bank and they're going to refund my money. I'm also contacting the FBI internet fraud department. And BBB
Login to Me Too

Shell8804
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered what I thought was Clorox products through PayPal seller was Mowery LLC. I never received email confirming order and never received said order. So I filed a complaint through PayPal and to date still haven’t heard back from them and this is from May 16 2020. So I contacted my bank and filed a fraudulent claim. They returned my money while they were investigating. In the meantime A couple weeks later I received a small package. I opened it and it was a pair of white socks. It was from China. Apparently this is how they were able to supply a tracking number. I didn’t put the two together until today the bank took the money back because the company supplied a tracking number. So I googled Clorox scams and an article came up stating the same thing happened to this lady and many others I am sure. I was scammed for 99.00. My bank is opening up another investigation so hopefully it gets resolved.
Login to Me Too

CaiusCaius
To those who have not been able to resolve this problem, stick with it. My claim was also closed when the apparently fraudulent merchant provided a bogus UPS tracking number for a different recipient and address, but in the same city. PayPal wouldn’t reopen the claim though I confirmed the bogus info. with UPS. PayPal asked for written documentation which UPS customer-service reps. don’t provide, though they do provide that confirmation over the phone (PayPal’s rep. said they couldn’t make calls). I documented the weight disparity between the order and tracking number, and when I asked to escalate to a supervisor, the PayPal rep. checked with one, then offered a refund, saying that this merchant is under fraud investigation. Keep at it, ask to escalate, and hopefully PayPal will take care of you. But wow, what a hassle.
Login to Me Too

stevetammy
Contributor
Contributor

Today I awoke to a refund for my purchase.  I only sent paypal a second request with the information that the tracking is not correct and there was a fraud comment in their system.  

Login to Me Too

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @neicy62. I ak sorry that you uave to deal with this. You may also comsider this. Please login to your PayPal account and go to Message Center and go to Chat Support option to get a hold of a customer service representative to pull up your account real time.

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

dhamano2002
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I had the same issue as many of you.  I can't believe the response that Paypal sent me regarding this.    I purchased hand sanitizer from the seller Nguyen <removed> on his Tadastore on Facebook.  Completed the transaction via Paypal (for the buyer protection) but did not receive an email confirmation nor shipping notification email, etc.  I waited and waited for the product, an email, etc.  Luckily I Screen shot the transaction and opened a dispute with Paypal regarding after 2 months of waiting for this item to arrive.  So I opened a dispute with Paypal (my first as I have used this so much and never had an issue with any seller before).  Paypal responded and then send me a shipping confirmation email that this seller had created that showed a shipping number and said that the package had arrived a month earlier and was left at the "lobby desk".  Wait I don't have a "lobby or front desk".  Then I receive this email from Paypal saying my case was refused as I had received the package and the seller provided proof of shipping and "leaving it at the lobby desk".  So I did some research on the web and here - This guy Nguyen <removed> has been running this scam for a while and Paypal has been allowing him to do so based on the number of complaints here in the community chat.  I guess anyone can open a bogus store and use Paypal by just sending bogus shipping confirmations then Paypal just automatically closes the dispute and I guess this guy gets away clean and Paypal gets it cut of the transaction.  I am guessing that many for the $28 just get so frustrated based on the Paypal dispute site that once your dispute is closed you can't respond back to them again on it - "like i.e. wait I never received this package nor what it shows on the shipping email is even correct - address was correct but again I don't have a front lobby and also there were no payment confirmations, shipping confirmations, etc. from this seller which I see many have raised before on this community board.  So sad that bogus sellers can take advantage of people in these times just trying to get some hand sanitizer and that Paypal doesn't cancel their accounts as sellers even when they have received so many complaints.  😞

Login to Me Too

Olgita54
Contributor
Contributor
Your story is an exact copy of what I went thru. What was so frustrating was how it was handled by PayPal. I always thought it was the safest way to go when making an online purchase, boy was I ever wrong! I know it wasn't an astronomical amt. of money but when I saw all the disputes filed against this seller It was obvious he was scamming thousands and that alone should have raised a RED flag! And the process you have to go thru to prove you did not recv. the item ordered was just un-believable! Even though the seller provided P/P with a bogus tracking No. my dispute was denied and case closed! After appealing I had to go thru UPS to verify that I did not recv. my package. And that was another battle...finally after demanding to speak with a UPS supervisor I was able to get document verifying the pkg. was addressed and delivered to someone else. And shipped from a different seller. Once I emailed the document to P/P I recvd. a response the next day advising a credit to my acct. I also filed a claim with my credit card co. to stop pymt. until this matter was resolved. I was determined not to give up! I was also advised by UPS this is under investigation because of all the disputes regarding the same seller. After this is over...I am so done with Pay/Pal...never again! Stick with it & Good luck!
Login to Me Too

hetrickj
Contributor
Contributor

I too am in the same boat.  I cannot believe that PayPal is not looking at the information in the case but just going back to the seller and if there is a tracking number and it says delivered then they close the dispute.  I have been a member of paypal for almost 20 years and they did not even look at the notes or the info.  I am calling my bank to dispute.  I will not be using paypal for any more purchases.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.