Elivelike.com Scam?

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

I've been burned twice recently by ordering goods found on a site listed in Google shopping that offered crazy low prices. My CC covered the losses.  As far as I know, Paypal is still 'investigating.' A call to Google to complain left me confused about which listed sites they check, and which they don't. Today I saw an attractive price for Merrill boots on a FB ad. I assumed the shipping would make the deal less interesting. It didn't. With shipping, the price was $15 to $25 cheaper than more legitimate sites. Not enough to trigger a scam alert in my brain.  I caught myself and did a quick search and found it has the characteristics of a scam site so I passed. Anyone here been scammed by them? Cheers, Never Again..

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DLF58pp
I just received my “Merrell” hiking shoes. I guess I was not surprised when they were cheap Chinese knock offs when it took over a month to arrive. This seller appears to be selling under multiple names on Facebook because the Moab hiking shoe ad has been on multiple posts. Lesson learned.
Login to Me Too

Jressler
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a pair of shoes months ago, finally received a very cheap pair, definitely not what I’d ordered. I’m guessing I just have to chalk this one up in the “lessons learned” column. Is there any recourse that anyone out there knows of?
Login to Me Too

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

If u used a CC, call your credit card co. and report it as fraud.

Login to Me Too

mike3043
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, ordered Merrell and received some junk with DQ brand. If PayPal doesn't refund my money there's something wrong with them. Will be using a CC from now on, never had a problem with refunds from them.

Login to Me Too

Drubi
Contributor
Contributor

That will be my take-away too, if Paypal doesn't resolve this. Same MO - Fine price for Merrell Moab's advertised on Facebook. A month plus later, DQ arrived. The laces pulled away from the shoe the FIRST time I tried to lace them. Was offered a few dollars to resolve - refused. This is fraud. Several companies trace back to Middle Bridge LTD in Cambridge, England, and a Kelly Nguyen on the board of directors, all with similar sounding complaints findable on the Web.  How much information must a Facebook receive before it won't take the company's ads?  I complained. 

Login to Me Too

TeaRevver
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal said I had to return the good to receive a refund! What? Pay to send fraudulent items back to the fraudster? Really? PayPal, come on, you should be refusing payments to begin with! Selling this stuff is illegal!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.