Elivelike.com Scam?

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

I've been burned twice recently by ordering goods found on a site listed in Google shopping that offered crazy low prices. My CC covered the losses.  As far as I know, Paypal is still 'investigating.' A call to Google to complain left me confused about which listed sites they check, and which they don't. Today I saw an attractive price for Merrill boots on a FB ad. I assumed the shipping would make the deal less interesting. It didn't. With shipping, the price was $15 to $25 cheaper than more legitimate sites. Not enough to trigger a scam alert in my brain.  I caught myself and did a quick search and found it has the characteristics of a scam site so I passed. Anyone here been scammed by them? Cheers, Never Again..

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

tyler2000000011
New Community Member
YES THEY ARE A SCAM. I hope nobody else falls for it either. Don't trust elivelike.com or Middle Bridge Ltd.
Login to Me Too

Soulsbya
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, I thought I was too old and wise to fall for this sort of thing and considering I work in IT a bit embarrassing. The site looked legit, even having a Cambridge Depot listed. I guess I should have got suspicious when the delivery was 28 days. The shoes did arrive stinking of the usual cheap plastic, they don't even sit flat on the floor (anyone got a beer mat?). Do not deal deal with these people.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Soulsbya 

@findingzzero 

@tyler2000000011 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tommy968
Contributor
Contributor
Also "elivelike"...just received today....July 22.
I ordered, Merrill hiking shoes. I don't know what the hell they sent me!
These are not Merrill...there are no Merrill markings.....just letters on top, "DQ".
They feel like cheap crap. This is a rip off.

Login to Me Too

TeaRevver
Contributor
Contributor
Yep, me too, DQ counterfeit Merrells!
Login to Me Too

TimE54
I had the same problem. Ordered Merrell hiking shoes assuming that’s exactly what I would receive. The ad for the shoes even showed a pair of Merrell hiking shoes. What I received was a cheap knockoff that wasn’t even close! RIPOFF!
Login to Me Too

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

Since everything is made in China, one thought was that branded goods were being diverted from legitimate factory lines and sold by workers for a small profit. But that's not the case. Rationalization is a wondrous thing..

Login to Me Too

bpnielson
New Community Member

Burned and feeling stupid.  $55 for a pair of $3.00 shoes you couldn't find at Walmart ...  They copied photos descriptions ... from Merrell's website to advertise Merrell Moab 2 shoes.   Stupid me ...

Login to Me Too

Joebark
Same here, Merrells for 50 bucks... Should have known better!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.