Dog Ball Launcher Scam

DMarino
New Community Member

I purchased a interactive ball launcher cost 22.98 AUD and received a tennis ball only, company send the ball back with tracking at a cost of 21.20AUD to get a refund. Why should I spend another 21.20 when they should send me the correct product. Contacted PayPal etc. I have seen a few posts now with other people receiving ball only and no refund or product.

surely this is a scam that PayPal need to investigate rather than saying if I don’t spend another 21.20 to send a tennis ball back then my case is closed. This company have their scam perfected to the rules.

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

ajalda
New Community Member

Exact same thing happened to me. So now pay pal say they will give me a refund, but i have to return the tennis ball first. Pay pal should see that this is not a feasible option. Also, why should we have to pay return shipping worth $20+ for a tennis ball worth no more than 50 cents. To get a refund of $25US?! If this is how resolution is done from pay pal, i will no longer use them for online transactions. This is not a lot of money for me, but its the principal! Why should i be out of pocket, for something that is obviously fraudulent?!?! So angry with Pay pal! 😞

Login to Me Too

Faith73em
Contributor
Contributor
I have had a dispute open since June about exactly this.... PayPal’s response today finally is that I need to file a police case and provide them with case number or they are closing dispute! SERIOUSLY!!
Login to Me Too

Fay66
Contributor
Contributor
Wasting your time, PayPal are not the least bit interested, if you don't send it back they'll just bin your claim and say its your fault as you didn't send the item back tracked, even then there's no guarantee you'll get your money ack, so best you do as I've had to do with three similar claims, bite the bullet, don't buy anything that looks like it might be coming from China, and don't expect paypal to be on your side, I've lost a awful lot of faith in PayPal, as like many on here can't believe these companies are scammers. And don't buy anything advertised on Facebook either.
Login to Me Too

Kally52
Contributor
Contributor

I returned the tennis ball but when I tried sending through my tracking number actually sent four times, PayPal never once confirmed they had received it and I received an email saying my claims had been closed as I didn’t send through the information, I resent through the information they needed explaining the situation and made sure I had screenshots of what went on and I now can’t fault them, my case was reviewed and I am getting a refund as well as being refunded for the postage, so kudos to PayPal 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Login to Me Too

EW12
New Community Member

I don't understand why PayPal cant stop fraudulent company using PayPal services .Clearly we all been scammed at same time between May- Aug 2020. Dreamkiss company from who I bought the ball launcher offered me refund when I opened case in PayPal but never actually transfer the money, After escalating case to PayPal 7 weeks later Paypal told me to write Affidavit . What the hell , I always thought its my customer right to get refund for the damaged or not received goods with out going to court . All what PayPal need to do is help seller to issue refund . Cant trust anyone this days .Discussing services .

Login to Me Too

Georg12
RIP off. Chinks sent me a ball and Corona!
Login to Me Too

sukelly
I too was scammed. Got tennis balls after waiting 2 months. How do I let paypal know this happened?
Login to Me Too

Kally52
Contributor
Contributor
I took photos of the envelope it was sent in as well as the ball also point out how many complaints have been sent to PayPal. If you are requested to send the ball back(the company won't supply an address so just send it to whatever it has on the envelope) and check to see if you are covered by PayPal for the postage costs, as I was so never ended up out of pocket at all and the ball ended up coming back to me because of the dodgy address this so called company gives you. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

tkay0404
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same exact thing happen to me. Ordered the launcher you and it said “interactive pet toy” and then they sent me three crappy tennis balls with nothing else. When I disputed this, the fake company said I ordered tennis balls only which is a totally joke. Why would I pay almost $25 for three cheaply made balls? I’m so angry because this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. I’ve leaned my lesson but I will be calling Paypal as the buyer is supposed to be protected.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.