Dog Ball Launcher Scam

DMarino
New Community Member

I purchased a interactive ball launcher cost 22.98 AUD and received a tennis ball only, company send the ball back with tracking at a cost of 21.20AUD to get a refund. Why should I spend another 21.20 when they should send me the correct product. Contacted PayPal etc. I have seen a few posts now with other people receiving ball only and no refund or product.

surely this is a scam that PayPal need to investigate rather than saying if I don’t spend another 21.20 to send a tennis ball back then my case is closed. This company have their scam perfected to the rules.

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMarino 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

panda922
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me too.  I haven't gotten my response from paypal yet. if they think I am going to pay to return this damn ball that's ridiculous !

I purchased off of a facebook ad.  You would think they would check the seller out before letting them post it. 

Lesson learned

Login to Me Too

Kally52
Contributor
Contributor
Happen to me as well and I am guessing I can kiss my money goodbye as they are now saying they will only refund if I return the bluddy tennis ball, paypal should stop these scammers from using their service!
Login to Me Too

Kally52
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal after several useless emails to & from the company and to cut a long story short PayPal has been really helpful I have now received a refund. I did return the tennis ball and made sure I took photos and screenshots of everything, when sending my details through to confirm I had done everything requested by the 19/08 I never received confirmation it had been received, this happened four times, originally my claim was declined because of snail mail but PayPal reopened the case once I explained what happened. So keep at it I realise it not a lot of money but better in our pockets than theirs. 

Login to Me Too

Terware
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing happen and put in a dispute and went in favor of the company that ripped me off. I even had an email from them stating that they had been misleading. There is a lot of people this company has ripped off. It’s all over Facebook. They should be shut down. There use all kinds of different names and emails to try to confuse you.
Login to Me Too

HUSKYPOO
Contributor
Contributor

I am also a victim...received a green tennis 🎾 ball only in mail today

outside of package label even stated “Automatic tennis ball launcher for dogs -BLUE”

Login to Me Too

Terware
Contributor
Contributor
We need to stop this ripoff company
Login to Me Too

Fay66
Contributor
Contributor
I quite agree as I received a yellow ball this morning, that also stated on the packet "Ball Launcher" There is no way of contacting this company as nothing works. I alreading have another similar problem that is another scam, a rechargeable mini tyre pump was ordered from an American Company and cost 26.99 Usd, this also turned up from China, but instead of what I ordered there was a cheap hand mini pump that can be bought on ebay for £3.47. I've been offered in turn 40%,50%60% as the company is supposedly negotiating with a merchant, but says I must return this piece of crap if I want a 100% refund, and they agree that it is undamaged and suitable for resale, I've refused all and offered to let them deduct the piece of craps UK retail value and refund the balance but no answer other than to list their terms and conditions, I've said I will now escalate the case. About time Facebook and PayPal shut these people down, if they were in the UK at least we could take them to the small claims court.
Login to Me Too

SadTesSam
Contributor
Contributor
Omg I’m Just 1 of many then. I just got 6 balls with no machine. Seller told PayPal I got what I ordered. So glad I saw all these comments. Now I’m ready to fight. I am not sending back. Let’s see what happens. I have til 1/27
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.