Dispute with incorrect item sent from "Highlife Technology Ltd. "

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute with incorrect item sent from Highlife Technology Ltd. How can anything be found in my favour, when it is going to cost $20.80 to send a scam $5 backup camera back to China so I can get a refund for the non-supplied expensive one still being advertised <Removed>This punishes me and doesn't stop the seller continuing to scam people by offering an expensive item and then sending some cheap rubbish instead! Why do I have to pay for the fraud inflicted on me and so many other PayPal customers? PayPal is not being helpful at all. Weasel words saying "This case has been decided in your favour" when it has not!!!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

My gripe is about the fake address PayPal required me to return the $5 bait and switch item to, before allowing a refund. They required me to return it to a fake Chinese address, with a Road AND a Street in the one address, that were physically kilometres apart. The seller was never going to receive it, so I was never going to get postage refunded or a reversal of the charges. PayPal knows of this, because many others have complained about it, yet does nothing except allow the bait and switch to continue. They even found in favour of the Chinese seller because "they refunded", which was a blatant lie! Thanks so much for your stupid, useless response. Last year, PayPal entered into a partnership with Chinese search leader Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU). This strategic alliance allowed 100 million Baidu Wallet users to link their accounts to PayPal, letting them pay for goods purchased outside China, giving them access to the 17 million merchants that accept PayPal.Mar 26, 2018

So PayPal is a defacto tool of China now.

Login to Me Too

buyer469
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with a drone.  I ordered the upgraded package and they sent the standard one. PayPay wants me to mail it to China but it was shipped from Bellflower CALIF. Also PayPay seems to be ignoring the rules:

From Federal Trade Commission website:

Receiving the Wrong Item

If the unordered item was an incorrect fulfillment of an order the customer did place, you are legally required to send the correct item or refund the customer's money in full -- including shipping costs. You can ask the customer to return the item, but he has no legal obligation to do so. 

Dealing With the Customer

Although customers don't have to return an unordered item, if he agrees to return it, you must pay shipping and any other costs the consumer has incurred. If the customer placed an order but received the wrong item, consider offering an incentive such as a discount or free shipping on the next order. Never blame the customer for the error, and take immediate responsibility for the problem.

Login to Me Too

ZuSA

I am also a victim of Paypal who support the Chinese companies that sells fake goods to us and no option to send them back because the seller do not provide the address. I had a specific request to the seller to refund me 100% of my money because I have lost more money on customs and taxes paying for a fake wig. The seller did not consider the proposal of getting his/her fake wig back instead he offered 50% of my purchase and paypal was expecting me to be happy with that. I refused and have lost everything to the seller. Customers must be very careful Paypal is not protecting the buyers from scams. I have received a second fake product which suppose to be a wig, I cannot not even log the complain. Paypal has made it impossible for us to be in touch with them. Their email address under help is forever down and cannot call them either

@buyer469 wrote:

I have the same problem with a drone.  I ordered the upgraded package and they sent the standard one. PayPay wants me to mail it to China but it was shipped from Bellflower CALIF. Also PayPay seems to be ignoring the rules:

From Federal Trade Commission website:

Receiving the Wrong Item

If the unordered item was an incorrect fulfillment of an order the customer did place, you are legally required to send the correct item or refund the customer's money in full -- including shipping costs. You can ask the customer to return the item, but he has no legal obligation to do so. 

Dealing With the Customer

Although customers don't have to return an unordered item, if he agrees to return it, you must pay shipping and any other costs the consumer has incurred. If the customer placed an order but received the wrong item, consider offering an incentive such as a discount or free shipping on the next order. Never blame the customer for the error, and take immediate responsibility for the problem.

because am going to incur more costs from South Africa. The least I can do is to inform the bank that the product they support is supporting scams and expose us to danger.  

Login to Me Too

djeviled
Contributor
Contributor
I had the ide tidal problem with no resolution from the company
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djeviled

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Susan101
Contributor
Contributor
Have received my order from Highlife Technology for one step dryer volumiser. When it arrived its the wrong voltage and unable to use in UK. When trying to send Email to their email address no such address. Can you help. Thanks Susan
Login to Me Too

djeviled
Contributor
Contributor
And THEY STILL ARE ALLOWED TO SELL ITEMS?
Login to Me Too

CompetitionTV
Contributor
Contributor

You will never get satisfaction for this sale, this company has been using the bait and switch for a very long time. Pay Pal not only condones this but will do almost nothing to stop it. Highlife Technologies has figured out what they can get away with within Pay Pals caned responses and will continue to swindle people out of hard earned money, Highlife has a well-established history of delaying shipment until you complain then sending the cheap bait and switch product. So after a month of waiting you are almost out of time to respond to anything. Then they give Pay Pal the option to have it returned. This always will be on your dime, to an address in China that may or may not be found, and for a 75% refund, maybe, if they accept the shipment, which they won't. So not only will you be out the purchase price but the shipping fee and no product. You will never get a response other than the canned answers provided by Pay Pal and I have tried tracking e-mails to the non-existent help centre that Highlife provides with no luck. Yet Pay Pal continues to allow its customers to be ripped off by these fraudulent websites thinly disguised by Highlife. Once Pay Pal sides with Highlife technology that sending the product back is a great response all further correspondence stops and you are done. 

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, PayPal will let any LOWLIFE sell things, and get away with charging high amounts for low quality, bait & switched products. I now will not deal with any Chinese company using PayPal on a web page. eBay seems OK though. If the same or similar deal cannot be found on eBay, then it will be a fake deal.

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Just accept that you will not see your refund ever, so do not pay to send it back. PayPal will tell you to send it back  to a non-existent address. Then when they are falsely told a refund was given,  PayPal will claim the case is closed because a refund was given. The only hope you have is if you have linked a card to PayPal for payments. Then you can go directly to the bank and claim a payment reversal, or maybe sell it on eBay to someone who has a high wattage stepdown transformer. PayPal is now in partnership with a Chinese company that allows the Chinese to use PayPal to buy things. They will not ever rock that Chinese boat, so do not expect things to change.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.