Dispute declined

may37
New Community Member

Hello

My dispute asking refund was declined by Paypal. I got only half of items I purchased and also I damaged goods. 

It all just because the company supplied the tracking number.

The paypal did not ask for extra information from my side to provide the shipment was not complete.

I am very disappointed with their decision. Is there anything else I can do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@may37 

If the dispute was closed because the seller provided a tracking number then you must have opened a dispute for non receipt of item.

What you should have done was open a dispute for item received but not as described ie incomplete order or missing items / not as described.

Then paypal would have told you to return what you did receive back to the seller for a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@may37 

If the dispute was closed because the seller provided a tracking number then you must have opened a dispute for non receipt of item.

What you should have done was open a dispute for item received but not as described ie incomplete order or missing items / not as described.

Then paypal would have told you to return what you did receive back to the seller for a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BONNIFEE
Contributor
Contributor
To kernowlass...I have a question.. what if seller gave me a tracking number but when I went to the usps site it stated that there was no info regarding this number? Then what Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @BONNIFEE,

Welcome to our Community Forums! If your tracking number is invalid, I recommend first communicating with the seller as it's possible they may have mis-typed your that info. If they do not respond or the information is still invalid, I'd recommend opening an Item Not Received dispute on that transaction. Here's a Help Center article that will help out there: I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ms-dj
Contributor
Contributor
I also had my dispute declined. I made the dispute as not as described. I was advised by PayPal to return the item which I have done and they have closed the case. Can you advise me on what can be done . Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ms-dj 

Did you provide paypal with a tracking number that proved delivery of the item back to the seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lanaz1
Contributor
Contributor
No way to provide PayPal with tracking number that I sent the item back
Login to Me Too

ms-dj
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I provided them with the tracking number. They confirmed that it was received.
Login to Me Too

ms-dj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yes I provided Paypal with the tracking number

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ms-dj 

Appeal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.