Dispute declined, when it was an actual unauthorized purchase.

KingAxe
Contributor
Contributor

So somebody entered my account and made unauthorized purchases from an unknown source and I'm not sure what to do anymore because I'm just so confused on why it's canceled, I phoned them and open the dispute and told them exactly everything, but then I find out that it was declined...

I had 1200$ dollars swiped out from my account and that's pretty much it.

Please if somebody can redirect me on what to do, I would appreciate it.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

KingAxe
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so, my dispute was declined again by the same reason, I don't even know what to do now, such a poor service on paypal, can't believe it.

Login to Me Too

aisefs1
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same case now. Have you resolved your issue finally?

Login to Me Too

Hometech
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

If you read my previous post, you might enjoy this one also.

Since Paypal refused to refund me, due to them stating that the purchase was "consistent with my transaction history" (when it obviously was not) I decided to call the airline company where the hacker spent my money on a plane ticket.

The airline company (Delta) verified who I was, but told me the ticket was used yesterday. Note in my first post that Paypal was advised last Wednesday of the hack, and despite them acknowledging the hack and refunding some of the purchases, they refused to acknowledge this plane ticket purchase as part of the hack, and denied my case.

Well guess what Paypal?

DELTA AIRLINES RECOGNIZED THE HACK AND ARE REFUNDING ME, DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE HACKER ALREADY TOOK THE FLIGHT THAT YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED 3 DAYS BEFORE HE TOOK IT. HOW IS IT AN AIRLINE COMPANY CAN RECOGNIZE A HACK AND PAYPAL CANNOT?

By their own good graciousness, Delta is refunding me after just a 15 minute investigation while I waited on the phone, yet Paypal refused to even look at it properly over a period of several days.

Paypal, you might think you have an excellent investigation team, but if an airline company's cyber security unit can run circles around your staff in just 15 minutes, and then refund me my money when they are not even obligated to do so, then that not only says a lot about how ineffective your cyber-security staff actually are, but also about how you seem to have great and general lack of enough compassion to go that extra mile for your account holders. 

Paypal, you need to do better.

Login to Me Too

Timoteo23
New Community Member

Same Here, exact same scenario, my account got hacked in the states, while I was in another country. I have no way to contact them. No cutomer service duo to covid-19

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.