Dispute changed from items not recieved to unauthorized trasnaction

Jyobah
New Community Member

Hi, I made a two purchases from the same merchant and never recieved my items. I opened a dispute as its been months and paypal asked for information which i supplied. I escalated it and they werelooking into eevrything for me. I honestly thought I would get some information or money back for items never recieved but paypal sent an email stating they changed my dispute to unauthorized transaction which I have no idea why they would do this. Now they closed my case as they show it was authorized, but again I never recievdd my items nor said it was unauthorized. Do I call my state AG and a lawyer? Im not going to sit back and lose $300+ dollars 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dani

Hi @Jyobah,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult time with the PayPal dispute process. If a dispute was not found in your favor, you can appeal the decision, and even change the reason for the dispute. This PayPal Help Center article will walk you through the steps to file an appeal: How can I appeal PayPal’s decision on my case?

I hope this information helps you get your dispute resolved.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Long-distance
New Community Member
PayPal say you have 14 days to upgrade a dispute to a claim. I filed a dispute and within 10 days received a ail saying my claim is closed and found in favor of the merchant which is a scam. I learned this after I placed an order. PayPal says they have shipping and delivery info. The tracking # they recieved from the merchant is a legit # but if pay pal checked with the post office they would find something was sent and delivered but not to my address. This is the second time this has happened to me in the last few months. Scams are coming from China. Evidently PayPal does not vet thier merchants. After I googled the company it was easy to see its a scam. Pay Pal collects a % from the seller so they get their money we the customers are the ones who loose. I think I'm going to another pay method.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.