Dispute Closed despite providing information

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I made a merchant dispute on the 29th of April and was asked to provide proof that the items was returned, i provided the tracking number on 18th of May and then 3 days later the case was closed and an email was sent to me saying

"This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise."

But I have already submitted the necessary tracking information on the 18th of May and it was just closed without any notice

Now i am without item and without a dispute, i cant call paypal hotline due to the covid-19 situation, no replies on twitter and no replies on their message center as well.

Please help! 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_JonK Can you guys please help me?

Login to Me Too

Oliver1948
Contributor
Contributor

On May 23 2020 I was informed that my dispute was denied ! No explanation just DENIED . I purchased 2 Kobe Bryant 3d models from a Facebook scam site called SAMSHAPPY.com .on Feb 11, 2020. Ironically a few days before Kobe Died. They sent me a FAKE "tracking number" from a Chinese shipping website . I immediately contacted the Resolution center and filed a dispute! Back and forth Back and forth. Nothing I even told them on 2 occasions that I had paper work to support my claim.  Then on May22 out of the clear blue sky I receive a plastic bag from China .  Now get this, I opened the plastic bag inside it were 2 crushed thin cardboard boxes Pieces Everywhere .

Inside the boxes were 2 HAND PAINTED porcelain figurines with the legs broke off

Now Here's the Irony of this whole SCAM !!! Not only were the items Not poseable 3d models they were of Steph Curry!!!~The same day I sent a message to the so called Resolution Center telling about what I now received. Telling them that I now have pictures of the continued scam and would immedialety send them upon request!!! The next thing I hear from the resolution is that my case was denied no reason    I want everyone who see this to realize buyer protection is a joke because it's you the buyer that has to prove that you are not guilty  instead of the scammers !!!  

Login to Me Too

Lani1234
New Community Member

My inquiry was also closed without further info.  The case was deleted within an hour as if no consideration was even given.   It is a waste of time. I used PayPal to purchase an international item because I thought I’d have support if something went wrong.  No support.  I will be deleting my account.

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@Lani1234 Yes it is very frustrating especially at a time where PayPal is virtually impossible to get into contact with, im just hoping someone sees this and is able to help me reopen my case so that the dispute can continue

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@Ragnar_Lothbrok Hi sir please help me

Login to Me Too

purpleinsect
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I provided all the requested documentation in a timely manner. The fraudulent seller was given much more time than I was to respond. Their dispute system is flawed. There is no way to add to the case, or see the seller's response. They denied my claim for no reason other than an untrue reason like your response. The system seems to be heavily weighted in favor of sellers no matter how unlawful the transaction. My shameful seller is pawning off cheap foam stamped out masks as N95s at 3,000% profit raking in a fortune while ambulance chasing. Do large companies care one iota about this shameful behavior? I don't think so. 

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

good luck with that, I think you have to speak to them to close your account, and although the lights are on, no one is at home apparently.

Login to Me Too

ecandela
New Community Member

My claim was also closed. I ordered a swing set that ended up being from a Chinese email! I never received it but there was a UPS tracking for it that said it was delivered. The report said it weighed 1.2 pounds!!!! I have no idea how a UPS tracking slip gets generated for something that was never received but just the fact that it said 1.2# for a metal swing set should prove that something is wrong. I was definitely scammed and I should have known better but why is Paypal allowing them to get away with it? I thought purchasing through Paypal would be better for me! I need to find out how to go to a higher level to get satisfaction! I did email the seller and request a refund but of course, I heard nothing back!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.