Dealing with a SCAM

Gingerbeard81
Contributor
Contributor
So I thought I was purchasing a Nintendo Switch from switchstore.com for $250 today. Transaction took place at 12:18pm, 11/16/2020. Afterwards I was researching something else and came across some articles about how this company scams. So I attempt to contact them. Connecticut phone number is invalid. Email address is invalid. Look up their address, and it's to a home in Virginia. Send all this info to Paypal. 12:49am 11/17/2020, 12.5 hours since the original transaction took place, Paypal emails me and says I have 3 days to send my package back to China in order to get my refund. I haven't received anything to send back. How can nobody notice the inconsistencies with this "company". Virginia business address, Connecticut phone number, Chinese return address.......
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Gingerbeard81
Contributor
Contributor
Yea I've received nothing but the run around
Login to Me Too

Gingerbeard81
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet. They're waiting on a response from the seller. They claimed they shipped it but the tracking number was invalid. I'm sure I'll get **bleep** and not get a dime back. I was told through the chat function to stop contacting them and wait for them to let me know their decision
Login to Me Too

Dzagg
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks all for your responses! Oh well, I wanted to buy a gift for my husband... didn't work out. Hope for the best now. The thing is I didn't even have pay pal account for that purchase. Will it be a problem? Or better just to call my bank and cancel that payment. Dunno if it's even possible 😕
Login to Me Too

Dzagg
Contributor
Contributor
Got refund after a couple weeks of waiting!🥳 Paypal support was really helpful. Hope you guys have your money back as well.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.