Customer service offers no help

mofoloje
New Community Member

Hello!

This will be posted to german community, due to me living in Germany as an exchange student for a year (where I also signed up for my account). Because I made my account in Germany, using my german address, the customer service I need to deal with is also german. However, the first problem here is that I have moved away from Germany, to another country, and I am not able to close my account (also withdraw the money currently left on my account) because it is impossible to prove them my address since the address has changed. Second issue, is that the customer service does not speak any english whenever I have tried to contact them by phone. I have been sending messages to customer service for over a month now, with the intent to close my account and remove the money left. 

1. solution I was offered by customer service was to prove my new address - I contacted the official office for my new area of living and they gave me a signed, official document which proves that I do no longer live in Germany, and also proves my new address (outside of Germany- for those who did not understand). After submitting this to PayPal, they refused to confirm this information without any explanation. They simply closed the case, telling me that the address was not confirmed, because it is not the same as when I registered. Of course it is not the same- that is literally the problem we are facing currently and hopefully there is a way to find a solution; the solution requires customer service assistance...

2. The customer service has now been ignoring me for a couple of weeks, regardless of the multiple emails and messages I continue sending in order for them to open this case again and actually fix the problem. I have contacted other countries customer service, which told me that the solution is very easy but it needs to be done by german customer service, and that I should send an email. I have been sending them, but as mentioned before, there has been no solution.

3. I also opened a new account in the NEW country I am located now (as suggested by US customer service), which should make the solution for german customer service even easier, but because they do not speak / or do not want to speak? (I cannot believe that there is no-one who does not speak english, just sounds impossible). 

If anyone has gone through this, or has any tips or tricks which I should do, it would be very appreciated. I have a pretty large amount of money stuck on this account, and I cannot use my new PayPal account before the german customer service fixes the issues. 

Thank you so much, if you got this far. Any help is highly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.