Closed my case and I can't reopen

Volmomof3
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed trying to help my neighbor get face masks.  Like an idiot, I answered what seemed to be a legit DM from a friend (Twitter now says it's a phishing scam).  Ordered 10 face masks for a nurse friend only to find once it went through, PayPal shows the order went to a Chinese man (nowhere on site does it say this and site looked legit).  Immediately contacted PayPal over the $21.39 dispute only to have it pretty much closed the next day.  The website stated I would get a confirmation email, and have in hand in 3-5 days.  None of this happened.  The website doesn't even have a copy of my order, nor have they answered any of my emails asking for more info.  Additionally, they listed the item category as electronics on PayPal's site -- also not true.   So because PayPal prematurely closed this claim (and I'm an apparently an idiot), I'm out $21 and have no merchandise.  Has anyone had any luck reopening a case?  And how did they go about it.  Thanks for any help. I thought PayPal was supposed to help in situations like this, not dismiss it completely.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Volmomof3 

That must be frustrating and I am sorry about that.

What is the reason behind your case closure, if you don't mind me asking? Because, if you closed this dispute yourself, then it is my vast regret to inform you that case can no longer be re-opened. You may want to contact your bank to check and see if they can possibly help.

However, if PayPal closed your case then you will still be able to appeal. You just have to contact Customer Service to reopen it for you. There is a slim chance to get ahold of an agent via phone as we are in skeletal schedule due to coronavirus emergency but you can also reach out to them via chat/email. To get there, kindly click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. (No guarantee of an immediate response, either.)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Twitter: @AskPayPal

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK
Twitter (UK): @paypalUK

I appreciate your patience.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.