No buyer protection on eBay purchase from fradulant buyer

bradleydad1
Contributor
Contributor

Transaction # 53P60351EB965832Y

The seller showed good feedback. The seller was shown to be in California. Shortly after I made the purchase, the listing was deleted by eBay. eBay says there is no buyer protection for this item. PayPal says to work with the seller. The contact info provided for the seller is not a valid enail address. By filing a dispute on PayPal, without contact information there is no way to contact the seller. There is no way to ask PayPal about this. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Raprap_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @bradleydad1. I hope all is well. I can see this might be a stressful situation for anyone. PayPal say's to work with the seller but if it doesn't work a dispute case can be escalated. Both parties will be asked to respond and if the other party does not respond to Paypal using the info they have given then the case will closed in your favor. When that happens you will get your money back. The funds will be transferred back to the original funding source within 30 days. I hope this helps. Stay safe and God bless. 

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @bradleydad1 

You have done so far to get this straightened out and I am very sorry if it didn't turn out that way. 

Please file a Dispute via PayPal to communicate with your seller. To do that, please click here. 

If still no response from your seller, please escalate your case to a Claim. To do that, please click here. 

Note: You only have 20 days to escalate a Dispute case to a Claim.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.