Claims over £100 - 3rd party verification

AustinPM
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a dispute with a seller about a vinyl record where I believe he has significantly misrepresented the condition. I filed a claim but paypal refused it unless I could get a third party verification of the record's condition by an independent third party. No one provides this service. I can find nothing in the terms and conditions about this. What's going on?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AustinPM wrote:
I am having a dispute with a seller about a vinyl record where I believe he has significantly misrepresented the condition. I filed a claim but paypal refused it unless I could get a third party verification of the record's condition by an independent third party. No one provides this service. I can find nothing in the terms and conditions about this. What's going on?

Take it to a record store and have them confirm the grading in writing. Scan and pdf it and upload it to the case. What was the grade the seller used compared to what you received? I find it odd that PayPal didn't just have you return for a refund. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AustinPM
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response but I have been collecting vinyl for 25 years and know with 100% certainty that this is not a service that any record store would provide. Given that this 3rd party verification is 100% impossible to provide (and I say that with cast-iron certainty as an expert on this matter) where do I go from here?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.