Account limitation help

Wm225

I recently received some money on my PayPal account, and am currently a 20 year old student. I have never used PayPal before last week when i used it to get paid for a virtual item online. The problem now occurs that i was 17 when i created my account which i completely forgot, about so now i have been permanently banned where i cannot touch the money on my PayPal account for 180 days according to the resolution centre which is fair enough for banning my account due to the terms of service. I recently called up PayPal support and i was told that because my account was limited due to being under 18 when it was created there is no real threat and that i will be able to transfer my money to my bank account and it will be complete after 72 hours. Today i logged on to check the status and have seen that my withdrawal has been rejected and i am unable to transfer the money to any bank account. I am wondering if when told i will be able to transfer the money out of the account that they were wrong, and that i do indeed need to wait the whole 180 days before receiving it, and if that is the cause then i have a big problem as i needed that money to financially support me this year and without it i have no other funding or way to obtain money. i was wondering if there is anything i can do to obtain this money other than waiting the whole 6 months.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wm225 wrote:

I recently received some money on my PayPal account, and am currently a 20 year old student. I have never used PayPal before last week when i used it to get paid for a virtual item online. The problem now occurs that i was 17 when i created my account which i completely forgot, about so now i have been permanently banned where i cannot touch the money on my PayPal account for 180 days according to the resolution centre which is fair enough for banning my account due to the terms of service. I recently called up PayPal support and i was told that because my account was limited due to being under 18 when it was created there is no real threat and that i will be able to transfer my money to my bank account and it will be complete after 72 hours. Today i logged on to check the status and have seen that my withdrawal has been rejected and i am unable to transfer the money to any bank account. I am wondering if when told i will be able to transfer the money out of the account that they were wrong, and that i do indeed need to wait the whole 180 days before receiving it, and if that is the cause then i have a big problem as i needed that money to financially support me this year and without it i have no other funding or way to obtain money. i was wondering if there is anything i can do to obtain this money other than waiting the whole 6 months.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Those reps are wrong obviously. It's a different dept that handles account limitations. I can't see why they don't verify your age again and let you resume using the account if that is not a real threat. Perhaps that's an alternative than to permanently banning the account. I suggest calling customer service again and speak with someone from the limitations dept to re-verify your age to use the account again. Tell them you want to continue to use PayPal and that you are of age now, etc, etc. Usually PayPal emails you to let you know when you are able to withdraw which is after 180 days. General CS reps (outsource man) may tell you anything to get to the next customer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.