Claim still at "under review" 9 days later, shpuld I chargeback?

vand123
Contributor
Contributor

At the end of June I bought 2 items from a seller in China, $11 and $69.99, as separate purchases.  A week later they start getting negative feedback scores for fraudulent behavior of sending small envelopes to fake names that get sent back as "undeliverable". My own package(one tracking # for both purchases) slowly tracks to the US and on July 18 my local PO confirms over the phone that it is a small envelope with a name & street that do not exist. They sent it back. On that day I opened 2 claims, escalated. The seller had 10 days to reply, they did not and on July 28 both claims switch to "under review". On August 1 the $11 amount claim is refunded to me. The $69.99 claim is still sitting at "under review".

Tracking shows the item was undelivered. The seller's feedback rating on eBay has had over 160 negatives in the past month. When I contact Paypal to get this claim refunded I either get an automated reply, no answer at all or a runaround. Live chat was useless, I was in it on the 4th and the rep told me information that did not match the case records, such as "the seller responded and we are looking into the information they provided" telling me they were not looking up the case at all, as the seller did not reply and it had been long past their deadline to reply.

Should I expect Paypal to not refund my money and simply file a chargeback with my credit card issuer to get it back? I have solid proof that I was scammed and their system and live chat people are doing nothing when this should have been refunded a week ago.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vand123 

Did you open an Ebay or Paypal dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.