Claim denied

Chrissyd49
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I purchased a pair of sandals, size 5.5, from an advert on social media on 30 June 2020.

I received the package on 21 July 2020. They were the wrong size, 5 therefore, not fit for the purpose intended (+ in my opinion) .... I did not order this item. I sent several e-mails  to the seller JINZHOU trying to resolve the problem of a full refund of £19.99.  I could ONLY have a full refund if I sent the goods back to China, although there was a return address in Birmingham on the package. I had 3 offers of compensation: 6 GBP then 8 GBP and lastly half the cost of the goods. I decided to make a dispute/claim to Paypal on August 6th 2020 - 3 days ago my claim was denied because I did not give proof that I'd sent the goods back to China. The postal charges would have exceeded the cost of the goods 3 fold. I had offered to send the goods to a Birmingham address (which was on the package) I also offered that the goods be collected from my address. Bitterly disappointed with the outcome from Paypal. In hindsight, I should have accepted compensation from the seller! It's no longer about the refund now, it's the principle.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.