Charge back

Morjac123
Contributor
Contributor
I have funds on hold for a charge back i sent an item a month ago so they have the goods as it was tracked and signed for with ebay global shipping but now dispute they authorised payment how can paypal hold my funds if buyer has goods
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morjac123 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

OR if its a chargeback then its not a paypal dispute but done directly via the buyer via their card issuer.

If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

OR if the card company find in favour of their client then again they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Morjac123
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for reply,just a bit strange as he has bid on the same type of its before and had purchased the same type of items off other sellers. We will see Been dragging on over a week and need the money Thanks again for your reply appreciated
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.