Change of dispute amount

HanBur
New Community Member
I'm wondering if anyone can help me change the disputed amount, and when it is safe to close a dispute? I have returned the item to the seller, however, so I close the dispute once the refund has been given or after? I originally asked for full payment but we have agreed on part refund. How is this to be done?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @HanBur,

Thank you for your post! A dispute should never be closed until you have received the refund that you are seeking. Once a dispute is closed, it cannot be reopened. 

If the seller gives a partial refund and that refund has cleared, you could then close the dispute if you so choose. Please make sure that the refund is not listed as pending, as that would indicate that the funding has not yet cleared and it could still fail. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.