Chakros.com scam?

Santoshhawkins
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item on the Chakros.com website but when I got the PayPal receipt it had Chinese characters and a weird seller name not related to the website. I still haven’t received a receipt from the seller and feel this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

Alest90
I put in a dispute as well and they provided a shipping number that was used before I even purchased the product
Login to Me Too

Santoshhawkins
Contributor
Contributor
I started my dispute as soon as I got the PayPal receipt and tried to get the automated AI to escalate it to an agent and Still no reply from PayPal. How is it that so many people have been scammed and PayPal just allows this to keep happening? Don’t they have some kind of security that... I don’t know, detects the word Chakros and warns their customers “hell no, you’re being scammed!!!” Has PayPal lost their moral compass trying to raise that stock price even if it means **bleep** their customers over?
Login to Me Too

sherylt13
Contributor
Contributor
All, please note PayPal already responded to my claim and they are NOT helping and found this transaction to be legitimate. I recommend we all reach out to custom tee support to get our money back and question as to how PayPal is allowing these transactions to occur in the first place. I will most likely lose $86 dollars which at the end of the day will not leave me starving, but I would much rather prefer to receive my money back. This is the reason I so rarely purchase from outside of Amazon and went against my judgement. AGAIN, PAYPAL STATED THIS WAS A LEGITIMATE PURCHASE AND IS NOT ASSISTING. LET’S FIGHT THIS AND GET HELP SO THE IMMORAL PEOPLE DO NOT STEAL FROM OTHERS.
Login to Me Too

krzskrog
Contributor
Contributor

The phone number is bogus and no response via the 2 email addresses. 

Login to Me Too

sherylt13
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  I spoke with PayPal Customer Service and they were Very helpful. The reason my first case with quickly disputed was because of the reason I used of an unauthorized payment.  My payment was in fact authorized.  They updated the reason on the case, re-opened it, and reached out the seller, of which we already know there will be response... or no 'valid' response.

With that, I am now comfortable PayPal does have us covered and will protect us from scams... although lesson certainly learned on my end to never let something like this happen again.

I hope this helps others who were scammed and hopefully we can help stop others from getting scammed.

-Sheryl

Login to Me Too

gabesdaddee
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased a bench press on Friday from them as well.  When I got the email from Paypal showing the name, I became concerned.  I put in a claim as a scam, so hopefully they will do the right thing.

Login to Me Too

krzskrog
Contributor
Contributor
May I ask what phone number you used to get through to a person at PayPal? I use[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and get hung up on after it gives the message for covid 19.
Login to Me Too

krzskrog
Contributor
Contributor

Update: after a few hours after sending a message to the help center. A member from PayPal contacted me. They readjusted and updated the initial claim for Charkos and the China recipient. They sent emails to the other(s) involved. It is now basically just a waiting game.   

Login to Me Too

I purchased a metal frame swimming pool from this seller. I thought it was an American company also. Has anyone received anything ordered from this company?
Login to Me Too

cableline01
Contributor
Contributor

I got tracking for UPS I ordered a portable AC unit. The shipping label said the package was 3lb when the ac weigh 80lb. It was supposed to be delivered to my house today but the address on the label only has the city, not the address.  It said it was delivered to the doorstep but not telling what doorstep. I would open a case as soon as you can and provide all the documentation you have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.