Cancelled Account

mdanielaguillen
New Community Member

I created this account last week, in order to be able to get paid on Depop. I do not understand what I did wrong, but PayPal has cancelled my account. I have not done anything weird, and Depop is the only one that has paid me. I have not even cashed out the money. Someone please help me!! I need to continue working on Depop.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mdanielaguillen 

What did you sell? For how much? Is it some item you need pre-approval for? Some brands/products don’t want unauthorized dealers to sell because there is a cease and desist order on it.

Did the email PayPal sent you say you can no longer use PayPal anymore? And did it say you violated Acceptable Use policy or “activity on your account is not in line with the user agreement”, or that your account is high risk? That email tells a clue why you were “canceled”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mdanielaguillen
New Community Member

Hi! I sold a skirt for $14.26 and then "Depop Limited" took away $6.25 for their fees and shipping. All of this was done through Depop, a really trustable page. The email that they sent me said:

"

After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You’ll not be able to use PayPal to send and receive money or shop online.

If you have money in your PayPal balance, we’ll hold the money for up to 180 days. After that period, we’ll email you with information on how to access your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

"

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mdanielaguillen 

Hmmm, a bit excessive, for a $14 skirt, but ok. Um, then something else with your account, like...are you using someone’s else’s info in your account? For example, some people would add another person’s financial info to their account because they themselves do not have bank account or credit card. Stuff like that, that would be a security risk. Are you also 18 years old and over? Have to be 18 at least to have a PayPal account.

If not, then, it could be some misunderstanding or false positive by PayPal security system and so contact customer service to appeal.

Log on, then go to

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Click through the categories to the problem nearest to your issue and after you see “This information might help”, scroll down and click a contact option.

If customer service can’t help, open a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to have executive escalations dept review your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mdanielaguillen
New Community Member

Hi again! I agree, it is definitely excessive. I am 18 years old, and are using my own bank account that I own by myself. What I mean by this, is that I am the only person part of the account. Do you know if there is anything I can do to get my account back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.