Can anyone help me? Returned item to seller ... they say they never got it!!!

alic76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, long story short I bought a phone on Ebay .. it ended up being the wrong phone... buyer admitted responsibility and asked me to send it back... it's 12 weeks now and they are claiming they did not get it ... I cannot find the receipt and the picture of the receipt I sent to the seller in messages is just a blank thumbnail now .. what do I do.. ?? Dispute is opened .. I need to escalate by tommorre... seller is not talking to me... so frustrated I could scream..!!!!!!!!! Smiley Mad 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal will ask you to return the phone with tracking,so if you don't have the phone or the tracking,dont waste your time 

Login to Me Too

alic76
Contributor
Contributor

ugh.. that's what I was afraid of 😞 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

canyou find the picture of the receipt on your phone or pc?

Login to Me Too

alic76
Contributor
Contributor

no ... unfortunately I took the picture through the PayPal app and so it did not save on my phone Smiley Embarassed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alic76

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then you could always do a chargeback. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@alic76

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then you could always do a chargeback. 

but she has no proof she has returne the item

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

You don't need to with a credit card chargeback, they rarely tell you to return items anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alic76
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for the item through PayPal which was funded by my Visa Debit card .. Do you know if that works the same?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alic76

Sorry but as you are not in the same country as me then i don't know how debit cards work in Canada, no harm in asking your card issuer though, phone the number on the card and ask?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.