Bogus Tracking Submitted to Resolve Dispute

jafrank30
Contributor
Contributor
I just had a dispute resolved with bogus tracking information. The seller noted that the package was shipped out on 7/15 with the tracking info they provided. I looked up the tracking number to see where my package was in the line and it looks like it was delivered on the date I ordered it - 7/4. Although hilarious, I can't find a way to appeal my denied dispute. I took a screen shot of the "delivery" confirmation so I have that. But I'm super disappointed that my case was just closed with no obvious follow up available. I've had only one other dispute in over 20 years. It's not like this is my thing.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jafrank30 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jafrank30 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

showgirls5678
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation and followe dyour advice, but the tracker said it was delivered in the same zip code I live BUT there's no exact address.  

Login to Me Too

Domz2
New Community Member
I have filled a dispute and paypal closed my case as the seller send tracking no that it delivered thats why the paypal closed the case in favor of seller. Why they not Investigate the tracking is scam when you enter the tracking no all is written in Chinese that I dont understand what is in there so beware to the scammer as your not protected
Login to Me Too

showgirls5678
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation, never filed a dispute with Paypal for 20 years, disappointed that Paypal did not investigate further and beleieved the seller with the tarcking number they provided that said it was delivered.  Delivery zip code was the same as where I live BUT there was no stree number and PAYPAL ackowledged that as a real tracking number.  So disappointed. And Paypal did not wait until I had a reply from the sller, to which, I NEVER GOT A REPLY.   I want my money back, I will try to contact PayPal by phone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.