Aser.Co is a Scam - Bait and Switch

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

I just got scammed by this company.  They ran an ad on Facebook for a drawing tablet.  I clicked on the ad which takes you to Eraveth.com. They had a beautiful page with all the specifications of the drawing tablet.  The packing list on the webpage showed that I was purchasing a drawing tablet package.  My shopping cart said I was purchasing a drawing tablet  My PayPal invoice said I was purchasing a drawing tablet.   I checked Amazon and this type of tablet sells for the regular price indicated on the webpage.

They sent me a drawing tablet pen.

They offered me various percentages of refund if I returned the package to China.  I refused and escalated the dispute.  They then offered a full refund if I shipped the item back to China with tracking within 7 days.  Postage for the item would be more than what I paid and would not arrive within 7 days.  The only option that might arrive in 7 days would cost $125 in shipping.  The kicker - they shipped me the item from Canada but they do not offer return shipping within Canada.  It has to go back to China.

I am so angry because I did my due diligence.  I even googled the company before I purchased and the only information I could find was their webpage.  There was no indication of any scam.  I guess they just keep creating new websites so that when you look for them you don't see how many people they scammed.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Crymson17
Got scammed by them to. Paid 100 dollars for a Halloween decoration. What they sent me was an item I could have bought at dollar tree. When I complained, they offered me 20 percent back for the unpleasantness I am feeling. And it shipped from Canada too. That is how they can get away with the scam. And there is nothing that can be done.
Login to Me Too

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened with me on a drawing tablet.  Contact your credit card company.  Paypal refused to refund my money so I contacted VISA.  They said that they had to open a case but the customer service rep was confident that I would get my money refunded once the review process was over.

Login to Me Too

JSTL
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation!

The item was shipped to me from Markham, Ontario, yet to be reimbursed they demanded I return their crappy product to China!!! Why PayPal even does business with this company is beyond me. I did see another add and left a less than stellar comment about the company and their con-artist tactics. Unfortunately return shipping o China via Canada Post with a tracking number was more than the value of the **bleep** tablet, so I made the error of shipping it back without a tracking number, realizing afterward they will never claim it was received. I suggest no having any business dealing with ASER.CO as you are simply throwing your money away. PayPal should be ashamed of dealing with ASER.CO as it only tarnishes their reputation. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSTL 

@B_Scott 

@Crymson17 

Add to the list of these.....

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know - I thought I did my due diligence.  I googled the company name to see if there were any bad reviews but didn't find any.  I checked the price of the tablet and it was comparable to other tablets on Amazon (in fact a bought a Huion tablet for $20 more through Amazon that works perfectly).  I went to the website and all the reviewers were 4 or 5 stars.  I checked that there was a return policy.  I checked that it was shipping from Canada.

I never had this issue before so I didn't realize that they could ship from Canada but say you have to return to China.  If I would have known that I definitely would not have purchased because I know how expensive international shipping is.

I even chose to purchase through PayPal instead because I thought I would be protected if I was scammed.  Boy did I get that one wrong!

Login to Me Too

JSTL
Contributor
Contributor

Your actions were almost the mirror of what I did, with the exception of buying a working tablet from a reputable seller!! The return address they supplied appears to be a building that receives the returns from either an army of con artists, or  a meg-corporation that is in the business of ripping off clients. I found returns to the same address for tennis balls, tablets, hammocks, shelving units and clothing!!! This is something that PayPal must be aware of, as they must be paying a bundle for a lot of returns to the exact same building in the exact same district in the exact same city. They should be cancelling support of those companies and not provide payment services to cons. But... in the end... I guess a buck is a buck! How you made it is only a secondary detail.

Login to Me Too

lplasket25
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through the same thing right now. I purchased a "life size animated Grinch" and what I received was a small stuffed grinch doll. They did the same thing by offering me a 20% refund or 40%.  I Said no and opened a claims case. I attached everything including pictures and explained to Paypal that it would cost me more to send the item back then me getting my  money back. Paypal got back to me and said that the seller offered a full refund if I return the product. And it will not let me comment unless its a tracking number.

Login to Me Too

Lilz17
Contributor
Contributor
The same for me but different company name. Eudaimonia Co Ltd,. Shows on PayPal as Eudaimoniac. AU and the order confirmation comes from Audren Home. “ (50% OFF)Christmas Ornament The Lifesize Animated Grinch” I received a Grinch stuffed doll that was 10” long and does nothing. Emails to the company got a reply the first couple times but ignored me once I told them I want a refund or send me what they advertised that I would get. I didn’t bother filing a dispute with PayPal as it wouldn’t do any good. I am out the $36.98 and learned a lesson...don’t trust advertisers on Facebook..FB sensors posts their fact checkers don’t like but let people be scammed all the time with advertisements
Login to Me Too

e2ts

@B_Scott 

I got sucked in by a convincing video - USD49.99  robotic vacuum cleaner that is apparently a good mop too. That would teach me to be lazy ... hahahha.

Thanx for sharing that one can do due diligence checks and yet still get scammed because these type of scammers are getting more and more slippery hiding behind layers and thumbs up and good reviews.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.