Approve a transaction?

Ferferfer
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I tried to send money to an account for exchange and they are requesting a code to reset my password because the money is on hold, however was already debited from my account, is there any possibility to reverse the transaction?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ferferfer 

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE OUT THAT CODE!!!! THE OTHER PERSON WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT! YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED! IF YOU GIVE OUT THAT CODE, REQUEST ANOTHER CODE TO USE IT TO CHANGE PASSWORD AGAIN!

What you do is open a dispute. I hope you did not send money as friends and family payment. If you send money as goods and services, you will have option to file “item not received” dispute. 

You will have to file a chargeback with your credit card or bank if that is how you paid because there is no buyer protection on friends and family payment!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ferferfer
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, that's what scares me... but the money was transferred is there anyway to reverse that transaction?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ferferfer wrote:
Yes, that's what scares me... but the money was transferred is there anyway to reverse that transaction?

Just don’t give out that code never, ever. It is only for you to use to change your password. Understand?

You can reverse the payment by filing a dispute in the resolution center:

http://www.paypal.com/disputes

Open a item not received dispute.

Do not open unauthorized activity dispute or PayPal will close your case. If the only option up you have is to open unauthorized activity dispute then you paid as friends and family and PayPal do not cover that because it’s a ‘gift’ payment. But if you send friends and family payment by bank or credit card, talk to your bank to see if they can dispute it or reverse it. There’s no guarantee you’ll get your money back but it don’t hurt to try.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ferferfer
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much, I did that but it seems like it sends that information to the scammer email for them to reply and it says that if it's not replied by May the case will be closed and that freaks me out a little bit to be honest.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.