Anyone ordered from PengBo Network Technology Co., Ltd

vianois
Contributor
Contributor

On their Website, <removed>

I ordered a short throw laser projector.

After waiting for 3 weeks, i received a Smartphone projector 2.0. it is a cheapskate cardboard projector that has ZERO electronic component.

I'm asking Paypal for a refund. 

Did anyone encountered this?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

I phoned their disputes department and spoke to a lovely Irish man. I explained that I had emailed Pengbo offering to pay the retail price of this piece of cardboard junk instead of posting it back. I offered I think 15 euros instead of paying 20 euros to send it back to an unknown address. Pengbo's email is non existent and it bounced back. I emailed this to Paypal with a suggestion that they read all these complaints and that they and Facebook are aiding and abetting an obvious fraud. Eventually Paypal refunded all of my money without deducting for the cardboard crap. You have to be persistent and phone them as they just send out standard emails telling you to return the item for a refund and that you have to prove that not only was it returned but that Pengbo have to acknowledge that they received it. Good luck, Coppo

Login to Me Too

SendMeDoughMan
Contributor
Contributor

Start by filing a dispute in the PP Resolution Center.
Don't be surprised if PP turns your claim down. Be persistent. If they do call there customer service at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] They will also say they will contact the vendor; which for me resulted in the company and PayPal wanting me to return the item, before they would refund my money. The US Post Office would have charged $54.00 and UPS $123.00 for return shipping; which I am in no way going to do on a item that they ripped me for $49.97. These fraudsters are counting on this. So, continue to push back; which is what I just did. Waiting to hear PP's response. My next step will to be contest the charge to my CC company and report mail fraud to the US Postal Service.

in my view PayPal is complacent in these scams when there are dozens of complaints in this forum and I am quite certain filed as complaint and they don't seem to have shut these guys' account down.

Login to Me Too

BadBoggart
Contributor
Contributor
I raised my complaint via the PayPal resolution centre, but they’ve denied my case, siding with the scammers. This makes PayPal an accessory to the crime. I have no way to appeal the decision. Hopefully you get a better result.
Login to Me Too

SCMGM
Contributor
Contributor

I applied for a refund but was told I had to ship the junk they sent me (which was NOTHING like the item I ordered)> It has taken me more time from work than the item was worth so I believe they (PAYPAL) needs to block this group from using its services. This is clearly fraud!

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

See previous posts. Offer to buy the junk for a reasonable low price that is much cheaper than posting it back. Phone them instead of emailing. Coppo

Login to Me Too

cliffproctor
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. Me.

I also received a crappy cardboard box with a glass lens and slot for mobile phone to go in.

i've applied to PayPal for a refund and they've sent me details how to get it.

So now I have to send the item back to China, by REGISTERED?TRACKED MAIL !
I bet it will cost almost as much to post as the refund will be !!
Con merchants.  Grrr !!

Login to Me Too

jeffery33
Contributor
Contributor

you shouldn't of sent it back, the price to send it back is almost as expensive as the refund. they will try and say "" oh we sent the wrong package B***S***"" no they defrauded you of your money on purpose! by you agreeing to send it back is giving them the benefit of the doubt that a wrong package was sent so then it looks like it wasn't fraud,if you know what i mean. what im surprised about is that PayPal would except this crap from them and ask you to send it back knowing that a lot of people were caught by them?

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same. Paypal says I have to return it with tracking details and the company has to acknowledge they have received it. None of Pengbos links or emails work so I would say that the 20 euros it would cost to send it back would be throwing good money after bad. Paypal should recognise that this is a scam and refund the money anyway. 

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. See previous reply. I am going to suggest to Paypal that as this is obviously a scam that they take the 15 euros retail price of this piece of cardboard crap and refund me the balance. This would work out cheaper than posting it back and also reduce the chance of you losing the postage money if they say they have not received it. Also you would have this crappy projector.

Login to Me Too

Frosty57
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered what I thought was a Bike Computer from a company called " Iridesce" for $40. What turned up from PengBo was worth about $4.  

According to PayPal I have to send it back myself but I cant find a legitimate address, has anyone had success against this company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.