Account permanently locked after 1 issue without warning or explaination

Mj_577
New Community Member
I'm 18, new to PayPal and I've started to use depop to sell a few items and buy a few items. A case opened from a buyer, after they received a item with damages. The item was sent without damages and the damages happened during delivery. After providing a partial refund for the item (this was agreed by me and the buyer) my account was then permanently locked. I feel that the damages and refund isn't what caused the lock to my account but I thought I will explain the situation. I believe the lock was due to the item description stating that the item might be a replica (I brought the item sometime ago from a car boot for the same price I payed for it). If the buyer is happy with the item then is there any issues? If the buyer confirms that the item is authentic then will my account be unlocked? Does a permanent lock mean I can never use PayPal ever again? If another PayPal account uses the same bank card as mine, will that PayPal account also be effected?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Mj_577,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I am sorry to hear that your account has been permanently limited. In general, when this happens, we would not be able to reverse the decision, which means that you would not be able to use PayPal services anymore. You should also have received an email with some more information. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.