Account locked/limited

operalady2018
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been looked and/or limited. I was told that it was due to unusual or unauthorized activity. I authorized the activity because a friend of mine was trying to help me remotely to recover account information. It caught Paypal's attention, which triggered the lock/limitation of the account. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Kagome12
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I downgraded to personal account and paypal said it should be okay. But nothing happens. The docs still in review for business but the acct is in personal account now. They didn't remove the limitations. Im using a different wallet now on buying things. Paypal sucks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @operalady2018 and @Kagome12

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to know that your account is limited. Account limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. In most cases, you can find options to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center. If you've already checked the Resolution Center and still need help, please do reach out to our Customer Support by clicking on the contact option at the bottom of the page on our website so we can have a closer look at the situation.

I hope this helps.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kagome12
Contributor
Contributor
The limitation is about the review for financial type of account like I've mentioned. I contacted customer service and they downgraded it for personal account. If that's suspicious they should have change the limitation. Also Paypal is a bank they should call for verification of their users. Very hassle. I wont spend on calling customer service for a mistake on their process.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.