Account limited

LukasArts
New Community Member

Hey everyone.

My account has recently been permanently limited because the name on my profile does not match the name on my ID.

This is due to the fact that I am transgender. Last year in August I legally got to change my name and gender with the government, and ever since then I've been trying to change my name with Paypal. I was sending the right papers, but I kept getting messages back saying that they weren't the right ones. Now recently I had to prove my identity when my account was partially limited, so I sent them a photo of my ID and I told them that due to the fact that I am transgender, the name in my ID is different from the name on my paypal. And that I could show my old (no longer valid) ID card if they really wanted to see my old, dead name. However they didn't care about that and now have permanently limited my account, leaving me with no money as the money I had is now frozen in my account.

limited.png

How do I fix this? Is there a way to revert this? I've already emailed about this problem, but I have not yet received an email back. I couldn't call yet because I was busy during their office hours. I need the money as I have things to pay for and I'm kind of at a loss for what I can do now.

Thanks for anyone who tries to help me. I appreciate it a lot.

-Lukas.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukasArts 

You can change a name on a paypal account for a minor typo or legal reasons, you being transgender should be able to change it for legal reasons IF you changed your name legally?

Sadly you don't seem to have been able to prove that to paypal with the correct legal documentation and they have permanently limited your account so sadly nothing you can do about it now.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.