Account limited out of nowhere

Insa801
Contributor
Contributor
Never had have account limited. I uploaded passport but it asks for three more pieces of proof but when I click to Resolve it comes up as blank. Asked about a purchase and it ends with submit following: and then blank. Next one asks for proof of fulfilment and when I click it says sorry could not find any recent orders and to contact PayPal number that starts with +1. How can I fix this?
Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

BigRedRaymee
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happening here. I opened my account in 2002 and have never seen this before. They seem to think I am running some kind of business as they are asking about suppliers and some payments I got from online gaming. They are definitely getting their wires crossed somewhere as I am just a private individual who auctions one or two of my own used items on ebay each year, virtually all my transactions are purchases.

Login to Me Too

spyktec
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem today as well!  And mine is also just a personal account.  I've was waiting on the phone support queue for 3 hours and 40 minutes and then completely gave up in anger, so I'm guessing maybe this is a widespread issue.

Likewise, all the questions to un-restrict it are geared at Business accounts, so I can't provide that sort of information (like supplier information), because I simply don't have it, because I'm not a seller apart from an occasional eBay item!

Hopefully gets sorted soon!  I feel your pain!  It's pretty urgent for me since I do all my auto bill payments through PayPal at the moment.

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

@BigRedRaymee    ohhh.... so yer jest a private individual auctioning old items are ya... sellin' any, ahhh, interesting merchandise on the side - wink, wink, wink.... 😉 ;-0 🙂

Yes, seriously though, this flummoxed the heck out of me and made my brain blow up exponentially in anger... I was SERIOUSLY P.O.'ed at paypal for "suspicious activity" when all I did recently was to:

Buy a 20 dollar atheist necklace – renew my Rosetta Stone Chinese/Russian language subscription – buy anniversary gifts for my wife…

So, slap me silly for believing that those were not innocuous purchases but were instead, dant, dant, daaa.... nefarious, insidious, evil (don't forget suspicious) activity...

I work in intelligence and cyber security and I get suspicious activity flagging but, c'mon - they could've have sent us members a note stating there was an issue instead of all of us blowing up and pulling our hair out....

Login to Me Too

Insa801
Contributor
Contributor
Update for those who still experiencing this. PayPal responded in Twitter that it is a known issue and they have put automation in place that limitations will be removed after 24-48 hrs and if you still have your account limited to follow the steps required.
Login to Me Too

Aubrey12
Contributor
Contributor
I tried it saying it’s temporarily down
Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

My account was restored an hour ago, so it is getting corrected.

Login to Me Too

Aubrey12
Contributor
Contributor
Hope mine does been on hold 2 hours now
Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

@Aubrey12You should not waste your time on waiting for someone, it is a global issue and they are fixing it through automation. 
I did not talk to anyone (I just sent a searing message via their 'chat' text window).

Login to Me Too

Aubrey12
Contributor
Contributor

iv done the chat to no reply guess it is a waste of time ugh

Login to Me Too

Aubrey12
Contributor
Contributor
My account was just restored thank god yours is coming I’m sure
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.