Account limited: Provide purchase receipt from your supplier. Not a Seller and Never Sold an Item.

PhilJax
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal Account is limited asking to "Provide purchase receipt from your supplier." Also asking for my photo ID (I've submitted it before just did again). I’ve never sold an item on Ebay or anywhere on the internet. Nor have I ever used Paypal to sell items. I only use it to purchase stuff off Ebay or other online vendors. My account has been active for 13 years with no problems. I submitted a letter in PDF format explaining that I can not provide receipts from suppliers as I simply do not sell items and never have sold items.

Login to Me Too
99 REPLIES 99

Ah4213
This happened to me last night too! I provided everything they asked for as best I could, cause I'm not a seller either. Just screenshots of proof that I bought what I said I did in the explanations. Im on hold and will stay on hold till a real person answers the phone. Sorry this happened to so many other people!
Login to Me Too

Shazbutt1
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me ! I'm not a seller. After sitting on hold on the phone for nearly 2 hours i hung up ! Need to speak to a real person and have this restored.

Login to Me Too

LilG27
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got my account limited today saying there have been a lot of activity on my paypal account and I need to send Photo I.D and receipts from my supplier. I never sold anything online, not a seller, or anything.  I tried making a purchase online from petsmart and when I tried to pay using paypal it said it can't complete the purchase right now, and that's why I logged into my account and found out I had my account limited. No email from paypal or anything, only found out by mistake. I've heard on this forum it's a glitch from paypal, and I tried calling customer support, was waiting for 1hr and a half and I hung up. Is this the correct number for customer support [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I also tried emailing them to no avail. Seriously wtf is wrong with them? I hope everyone on here gets their issue resolved because it's seriously a pain in the butt to get a hold of them. any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated.   

Login to Me Too

TheCloudyHam
Same here. Haven’t received money for anything in a few months. Only use PayPal to purchase. Was trying to send money to a friend and I got hit with the same limitation. I have never donated to actblue, so I don’t think that is the common denominator. I’m more curious if there is a common device (I.e. iOS devices on iOS 14.
Login to Me Too

Hejduk23mt
New Community Member
Yeah this is definitely some kind of error on PayPal’s end. I’m a seller and have been for nearly 20 years and they have all this information from me already, it’s even asking for detailed shipping, item descriptions and where the item was bought at for everyone of my transactions For the last 2 weeks which is hundreds of sales. Hopefully they take care of this fast as I have already had 14 customers just tonight message me saying there Payments won’t go through because PayPal keeps rejecting them and I just tried making a small purchase on my end to test it and sure enough it won’t let me pay using my PayPal Funds or credit card on File.
Login to Me Too

annierobbo
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here. Noticed that I’d received an email, assumed it was phishing so logged into my account and saw that it was actually asking me for ID and receipts. I’ve only sold things second hand and have had my account for over a decade. I’m pretty **bleep** and it seems like the only way to dispute the issue is to call them? Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

alanealane
Contributor
Contributor
I created a letter and saved it as a PDF, which I then uploaded to the area requiring a supplier receipt. Here's what I sent them. (Feel free to do something similar, and I hope if they get inundated with this type of response, they'll resolve the issue faster): To whom it may concern, I just received and email regarding limitations placed on my account. Upon logging in to my account, I was required to provide proof of identification and “Provide purchase receipt from your supplier. You'll need to provide a receipt of your purchase or original receipts from your supplier for the items you sell to your buyers. These receipts should mention your purchase or procurement of items.” The reason given was “We noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To understand this better, we will require some information from you.” I require clarification regarding what “significant changes” took place that prompted this information request. I am not a regular seller and do not have any supplier. The email was received from PayPal immediately after I purchased a wristwatch on eBay. I have been purchasing many wristwatches recently as part of a private collection not to be sold. So why am I being required to provide information that does not exist? I would appreciate an explanation and a restoration of full use of my account. I did provide a photograph of my driver’s license, but a supplier receipt is impossible to provide. I will await your response within 7 business days. Regards,
Login to Me Too

Marius40
Contributor
Contributor

Just looked at my email and saw this message from bellow. Wtf paypal?

Why do we need this information?

34_000

Login to Me Too

FrenchyDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

I did sell a thing but i have sold only a couple times and it wasnt a significant change. I have been on here since 2008 and have never had this problem until today. It's weird that the same thing happened to so many people on the same day. I wonder if paypal glitched?

Login to Me Too

talentm21
Contributor
Contributor

this happened to me too...I wonder how paypal will handle this, surely we won't have to call in to fix?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.