Account limited: Provide purchase receipt from your supplier. Not a Seller and Never Sold an Item.

PhilJax
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal Account is limited asking to "Provide purchase receipt from your supplier." Also asking for my photo ID (I've submitted it before just did again). I’ve never sold an item on Ebay or anywhere on the internet. Nor have I ever used Paypal to sell items. I only use it to purchase stuff off Ebay or other online vendors. My account has been active for 13 years with no problems. I submitted a letter in PDF format explaining that I can not provide receipts from suppliers as I simply do not sell items and never have sold items.

Login to Me Too
99 REPLIES 99

Reli1
Contributor
Contributor
Same here just happened to me as well.
Login to Me Too

Hellomariao
Contributor
Contributor

Same here... is there some sort of hack or glitch with Pay Pal?!... wayyy too may people having this happen on the same day within hours of each other... does anyone else feel the same way?

Login to Me Too

SnazzyRazzle
Contributor
Contributor

They showed the transaction they wanted to question was absolutely blank.

And apparently there's a request for fulfillment, but I have no idea what they're even talking about. When I click on the button to resolve the issue, the page crashes.

I don't have a supplier.

And this is actually really bad, because I gave them a picture of my ID. I'm wondering if PayPal just got hacked.

Login to Me Too

Rhaethe
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  Two hour hold on customer service.

Login to Me Too

Oxtupus
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing today I wonder if it’s a glitch because many now have reported this. I’ve sold nothing ever FYI
Login to Me Too

Rhaethe
Contributor
Contributor

Not happy about them wanting my picture id, or asking for "supplier invoices" ... I created an image that has text in it saying "I am not a seller, this is not a business account."  All I did was buy something using Grubhub.

Login to Me Too

ALFONSZE
Contributor
Contributor

Another community member on a different post was able to get through on the phone-line and talk to someone. Apparently it's some sort of glitch affecting a lot of accounts. If you're able to talk to a human on the phone they should be able to remove your limitations... It's just rough trying to get through with the long wait. Hopefully, they can restore all our accounts with no phone call required.

Login to Me Too

Reli1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the update been on hold for a long while now, hoping to resolve this issue as everyone else here is as well.
Login to Me Too

PhilJax
Contributor
Contributor

That's crazy. I'm happy there's some acknowledgement but would feel more comfortable if Paypal made an official announcement and that they were working to fix it. Kinda feel uneasy after submitting my Photo ID... Hope they haven't been breached.

Login to Me Too

Temp20201008a

Thank you for this update! I've been on hold for over 2 hours. Thought my account was hacked when I tried to purchase something online. Put all my credit cards on freeze. I'm hoping this truly is just a weird glitch!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.