Account limited: Provide purchase receipt from your supplier. Not a Seller and Never Sold an Item.

PhilJax
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal Account is limited asking to "Provide purchase receipt from your supplier." Also asking for my photo ID (I've submitted it before just did again). I’ve never sold an item on Ebay or anywhere on the internet. Nor have I ever used Paypal to sell items. I only use it to purchase stuff off Ebay or other online vendors. My account has been active for 13 years with no problems. I submitted a letter in PDF format explaining that I can not provide receipts from suppliers as I simply do not sell items and never have sold items.

Login to Me Too
99 REPLIES 99

cmnolefan21

Same here. I tried to order takeout for dinner tonight (10/8) and it said my financial instutition blocked the transaction. Then I got a note from PayPal about the "increase in activity" and limiting my account. WTH. I logged in to make sure there wasn't fraud and none of my info is wrong and I maybe have sold 1 thing on Ebay in the last 3 months. It asked me to upload my photo ID and some invoice from a supplier. Yeah I am not gonna do that with my photo ID. 

Reading all the comments here it seems as there must be a massive glitch which I hope the fix ASAP or else I will stop using PayPal. Can't reach anyone either. The robot chat tool is worthless. 

Login to Me Too

Foxxy27
Contributor
Contributor
Me too never sold a thing just donevit to me now
Login to Me Too

That's the exact same situation I ran into! I donated to Act Blue and then my account was limited. I gave a copy of my ID and the Act Blue transaction then went through. Not sure what documents to provide as I don't have a 'supplier.'

Login to Me Too

ALFONSZE
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me as well.... Was just trying to buy a pizza and I got an error. Looked at my paypal and I was limited. They're asking for a receipt from my supplier which is weird considering I've never sold anything. I'm wondering if they're experiencing a wide-sweeping error or bug of some sort?

Login to Me Too

SoniaBowie76
Now I am concerned as I sent photo of my driving licence. I hope it's not an issue.
Login to Me Too

ElRigs
New Community Member
I was about to pay something on eBay when I see I can’t pay. This literally happened today around 4PM today.
Login to Me Too

BeeH
New Community Member
Same here - I’ve decluttered and sold some stuff on Facebook groups over the last few months but not much and I certainly don’t have receipts for my old stuff!
Login to Me Too

joe5555

Happened me in the last hour .Says there has been a significant increase in activity on my account.Which there hasn't been.I been with paypal many years and I use it to pay,I dont sell.I dont have a paypal business account.

I don't sell anything on ebay or else where.

Paypal require photo ID and provide purchase receipt from your suppliers?

What can we do to sort this?

Login to Me Too

jamesc25313

same thing happened to me.

Login to Me Too

Matthew_Banyard
New Community Member
Exactly the same issue here. I've not sold anything for years,. No idea why PayPal are suddenly asking, I don't have any suppliers, because I don't sell anything. Im also supposed to show valid receipt for the arrival of the stuff I don't sell too! Baffling.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.