Account limitations

Judie24
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has my account listed as a business account. I have told them it is not a business account, I have no businesses. They want me to give them a copy of my bank statement and I have refused to give that to them because it is my personal account. I decided to close my account and they said I cannot close the account until the limitation is removed! Talk about a rock and a hard place. I tried to remove my bank account and debit card info and couldn't because of the limitation they placed on the account. But I am getting statements on my bank account with charges labeled PayPal although I have not used PayPal to purchase anything since December. The other day I tried to purchase something from a company I have ordered from many times using my debit card and it came up...do not honor. I am beyond frustrated! Any advice?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Judie24
Contributor
Contributor
Still have not resolved this issue. PayPal insists I have a business account and insist I give them a copy of my bank statement to prove I am on the account. I do not and never have had a business account. I have been using PayPal for several years and it wasn't untill I sent a cash Christmas gift to my grandson in the Marines and stationed in Japan that this came up. I cannot send them a bank account statement because we bank thru an innvestment firm not a bank and the account is a money market account. The only statement we get is for our investment account which includes the money market account..so the account number will not match the account numbers that PayPal has in record. I am very frustrated over this issue because there does not seem to be away to resolve it. Additional some payments are posting to PayPal and most not received and can't get this resolved either!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lazzz
New Community Member
Same problems here.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Judie24
Contributor
Contributor
Still have not resolved this issue. PayPal insists I have a business account and insist I give them a copy of my bank statement to prove I am on the account. I do not and never have had a business account. I have been using PayPal for several years and it wasn't untill I sent a cash Christmas gift to my grandson in the Marines and stationed in Japan that this came up. I cannot send them a bank account statement because we bank thru an innvestment firm not a bank and the account is a money market account. The only statement we get is for our investment account which includes the money market account..so the account number will not match the account numbers that PayPal has in record. I am very frustrated over this issue because there does not seem to be away to resolve it. Additional some payments are posting to PayPal and most not received and can't get this resolved either!
Login to Me Too

Judie24
Contributor
Contributor
In addition to the limitation issue...they had a different name on some of the communications on my name and the language was changed to french.. just a few minutes ago I couldn't log into my sccount and when I choose to answer my secret question to insure my identity the questions were in french. How was I suppose to answer them? I think there is a serious problem with their computer or something. I also have had some charged to my Paypal account when I have ordered items on line using my credit card. How is this possible when my account is li.ited? And I can not purchase anything using PayPal as part of the limitation? I tried to order from a company that I have purchased from I the past using my card. And it popped up with "do not allow"... Even though I did not select PayPal as means of psymdnht. After that my credit card number was listed on PayPal. I had not given that number to PayPal only my checking account info because I did not want my credit card info on their site or given to merchants. Then a few days ago I made purchase to an online merchant using my credit card...not PayPal. Then I get an email from PayPal thinking me for using PayPal yo make my purchase. I never got a confirm as toon of the order from the merchant. What is up with that? I have always had faith in using PayPal for online purchases but now I am really thinking.they are having technical problems.. I wonder if I will ever see the products I purchased. With limitation on my account I can not remove my card information or close my Paypal account until I give them a copy of my bank statement which I will not due for reasons I have already started in this forum. I guess I am going to have to get an attorney to fight with them about this situation. I am really tired of this issue since it has been going on since 12/25/2020! F PayPal us reading this I sure wish they would reach out to me with a reasonable solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.