Account limitations for no apparent reason and cannot contact help

Tcl222
Contributor
Contributor
Two week ago I got payment from my boss successfully, this last Friday I got paid via PayPal again but this time after I got it and tried to transfer it to my bank account it said I had account limitations and to provide some info they’d review and be in contact. It’s been five days they’ve had to review multiple kinds of info and I’ve heard nothing and still have no access to do anything w my account which is horribly inconvenient as this is all of my money and I needed it the DAY I GOT PAID. I’m beyond frustrated that I can’t talk to anyone on the phone and that I get no response to other attempts at resolving this. It seems so many other people are having this issue and this is the worst time for it to happen as many of us are short of income already. I’m beyond infuriated. How long does this usually take and what else can I do bc I feel helpless and feel like PayPal has stolen my money.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Aniia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Tcl222 

Your account could be limited:

• in order to comply with regulatory requirements. For example, requesting certain products, like a debit card, can trigger federal and state laws, and we may limit your account while we work together to satisfy those requirements.
  • Likewise, if you’re not in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, you’ll find that your account has been limited. Selling banned items such as prescription drugs or guns is an example of a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
  • If PayPal suspect someone could be using your account without your knowledge, we’ll limit it for your protection and look into the fraudulent activity. Usually, we ask you to complete one or more tasks to remove your account limitation.
  • PayPal could  also limit your account if your debit or credit card issuer alerts us that someone has used your card without your permission. Similarly, if your bank lets us know that there have been unauthorized transfers between your PayPal account and your bank account, your PayPal account will be limited.
  • Another reason why your account could be limited is seller performance indicating your account is high risk. For example, receiving an unusually high number of claims and chargebacks from your buyers is an indication of poor seller performance. If you start selling an entirely new type of product, such as a higher-cost item like jewelry, or if your typical sales volume increases rapidly, your account may be limited while we do a review.
  • For your account security, PayPal may limit your PayPal account because we noticed you haven’t used it much since you signed up. To restore full access to your account, log in and provide a Proof of Identity (such as Driver’s license Copy, State ID copy etc.). Go to your Notifications center to upload documents.

The steps to remove a limitation from your account can be found in the Resolution Center under Steps to Remove Limitation.
If all of the steps are completed and your account remains limited, it means one of two things:

• We've sent you an email asking for more information, or
  • We're reviewing your case, and we'll email you with our decision.
Login to Me Too

Loun86
Contributor
Contributor
Your company had the audacity to immediately deny us access to our funds, so can you immediately give us access once we give you the proofs you are looking for? No you will make us wait weeks and weeks giving the evidence from posts from other customers on here.
Login to Me Too

Aniia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Loun86 

Once all documents are provided, the case is going to review status. Usually it takes from 3-5 business days, depends of the level of the limitation. If the documents are perfect (not blurry or not partial documents) then your limitation is removed. If the team will miss documents, you will receive an email to provide more documents or do some actions on the account. Please monitor your e-mailbox. 

Login to Me Too

Tcl222
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, as I stated in my posts and attempts at contacting you all, I did this all of this and t he fact that it’s still “under review “ is absurd. I’ve been without my money for SIX DAYS. That is terrible customer service - I literally I have no money I cannot do anything and am getting severe consequences from not being able to access MY money. As I said there’s nothing going on with my account suspiciously so y’all did it for no reason and I’m more then infuriated and this needs to be resolved immediately.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.