Account limitation

Bobby5ahmed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, In 2008 my parents created a Paypal account for me to pay an online game subscription because they thought that i need an account to do so, but later they realized i didn't need one, now when im 19+ i started a Buisness and to receive funds i needed a PayPal account so i logged in to my Old PayPal account and PayPal said i needed to convert to a Buisness account to receive international payments so i submitted all my KYC documents to do so, and they Rejected my PayPal account saying im under 18 when my current Date of birth is 12/05/2000, its a very wrong and unfair decision. I would request to please help me get back my account. Regards<Removed>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Bobby5ahmed,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Forum!

Unfortunately, in accordance with our User Agreement, if the account was created when you were still underage, we may permanently limit your account. This is because we are legally required to do so to comply with regulatory requirements. There is nothing we can do in this case, I am afraid. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

bobby5ahmed54
Contributor
Contributor
Hi this is my new account, if i link my new bank account details and ID documents will this account also get Limited? (i hope not)
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for your quick response!

We cannot foresee a limitation, unfortunately. If your account has been permanently limited, you should have received an email with more information on how to proceed further. If not, please contact our Customer Service. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps,

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.