Account Suspended/Locked/BANNED FOR NO REASON!!!

ElkoreRA
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PayPal for a long time now, however I recently, due to COVID, have had a lot more online transactions through PayPal. I do a lot in the graphic design and software fields, and that is almost my sole purpose for using PayPal aside from a few personal purchases. Anyway, I got a Payment today for $52.99 from a friend that I did some graphics work for designing a desktop app's user interface. He confirmed the payment, everything was great. Then PayPal asked me to provide 3 documents for proof of my business and said that I had until like Oct 31st to supply them. I submitted two, and then as the third document they wanted a receipt of purchase from my supplier - being that I work with software a lot, the closest thing to the requested item I could think of was my purchasing Licensing Management software from a company I work with that allows me to License software and graphical work. I emailed said company asking for a copy of my latest purchase receipt and when I came back to PayPal I was dumbstruck to have seen: 

"You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

Reference ID: PP-L-245986307549"

WHAT DO I DO!?!?!!!

This is physically hurting me right now. I wouldn't say that PayPal is my main source of income by a long shot, but so many online gateways REQUIRE PayPal - and I didn't even do anything wrong! I have zero active disputes, I have zero lost disputes, I have zero chargebacks or anything else.. I don't know why they locked my account but PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. The only thing I can think is that when I was upgrading to this business account and I was entering my information, I seem to have misspelled Rhonda as Rhona... Kinda funny I thought, being Rona season and all but I wasn't allowed to fix it in my account settings so I let it be. 

I'm going to attach some screenshots showing that I have no disputes on my account, I don't understand this - someone please help. 

So when I click "click here to submit documents to confirm your business identity" this is what show... 

Then it takes me back to my Summary page and shows me this!!! I hate the way this is worded like the... 

This is every dispute I've ever had on my account, in the 3+ years I've had the account. 

This dispute was won because I could prove both that he was the one who authorized the transaction a... 

<removed>

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ElkoreRA
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a phone number that I could call to try to get this fixed? 😞 

Login to Me Too

rafaellecuona
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly, you're on your own since PayPal does not have customer service. You will be dealing with algorithmic bots only on PayPal. There is no human being who will hear your case. If you have money to hire a lawyer, it's the only way to wake up a hibernating human over at PayPal.  Funny how the PayPal machine, in turn, makes one check a box to prove we're not a robot. Even by telephone, you will go through many robots, some even half human or human-like until you reach a real person who will then put you in doubt, accuse you of wrongdoing and simply bully you back into your corner. It's not governments we need to fear... it's automated, revenue producing robots like PayPal that we need to fight.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.