Account Put On Hold - Provide purchase receipt from your supplier

bsacco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

For some reason my account has gone on hold. When I looked into why my account was on hold, it asked me to supply my ID (Which I did) and a Receipt from my supplier? However I barely ever sell anything through PayPal and when I do they are usually second hand items that I no longer need. Therefor I don't have a supplier?

So I'm not sure why I'm getting this error message? I've tried to call someone and speak with them, but I spent 3 hours on hold and got hung up on as soon as it was meant to transfer me to someone. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nku75
Contributor
Contributor

This same issue seems to be happening to PayPal users around the world. There are several community forums going on right now with people writing in about their accounts being limited with a request to send in your id and purchase receipts from your supplier. There's definitely something going on with PayPal right now. People have been calling customer service only to be put on hold for hours. I would sit tight for the moment. Hopefully, this is glitch that can be fixed soon.  I changed my password and added the second identifier security code when signing in. It's possible that PayPal was hacked. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.