Account Problems

icenova123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

This has gone on long enough, I have provided EVERY document paypal has asked me for, my account is now fully verified with photo ID and supplier invoice and proof of address, I've had the account since 2016. Every eBay sale I've had I dispatch within a day and my feedback on ebay reflects this good service. I have proved everything PayPal has asked, yet they still dont let me access my own money. I can't send it to family or friends because I get a message saying 'We're sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment right now. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact Customer Service.'. I can't withdraw it to my bank account (bank account is in my name), as I get a 'There’s a problem Right now, we’re not able to complete this transaction' message. What else can i do to get my money? I need to transfer it to pay people, buy things, reinvest, etc. There are ZERO limitations on my account as I dealt with them all in the past, so why am I not allowed to transfer money? I expect an appropriate response and if possible lift any kind of limitation on my account now.I don't understand why my recent eBay payments are on hold. I dispatched them all the same day it was bought, tracked via UPS, ive sold this product MANY times in the past too. Also, my bank account is in the exact same name as my PayPal, and the withdrawal is still declined.

What is going on? I need to withdraw my money to reinvest, pay for things, etc etc.

There are no limitations on my account, its fully verified and yet this is still happening.

I need good answers!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.