Account Limited

Cas1ousClay
Contributor
Contributor

I have given the verification/proof that was asked of me. Now they (PayPal) want me to furnish receipts for the items I have recently sold. That is only thing I cannot do. I usually keep receipts for a few weeks, then they end up in the garbage. The three items in question have been in my possession for 

about 4-5 years and I know for a fact that the receipts are nowhere to be found. I read through the Acceptable Use Policy and I didn't see anything about 

selling personal items ONLY IF YOU HAVE A RECEIPT OF PURCHASE. 

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this matter ???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Cas1ousClay
Contributor
Contributor

First of all I want to apologize for the screaming and yelling I was doing. I was upset because I thought I hadn't done anything to cause my account to    become Limited.  Over the next few days I thought about what could have caused this issue. Then I noticed I had linked a bank card to my PayPal and it      hit me.

I had issued a refund to a customer for a silly reason and I didn't give it a second thought. Well I realized that the refund took a bit longer to leave my    PayPal and I used what was in my account for a few purchases. When it came time for the refund to be paid there wasn't enough to cover it. My linked          bank kicked in to cover the funds and unfortunately there wasn't enough there either.  So it was a case of insufficient funds is what caused PayPal to flag      my account.

I was pleased when I discovered my mistake and even more pleased when PayPal removed the Limitation as quickly as they did.  I think I got caught up in the Selling/Buying/Bidding hype that I forgot to sit back and look at the whole picture.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Cas1ousClay
Contributor
Contributor

To top it all off I called PayPal twice. Each time being on hold almost 30 minutes and each time someone picked up the line only to end the call.

I HAVE TO SAY, YOU guys n gals AT PayPal RUN A REAL CLASS ACT. KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING JOB OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Cas1ousClay
Contributor
Contributor

First of all I want to apologize for the screaming and yelling I was doing. I was upset because I thought I hadn't done anything to cause my account to    become Limited.  Over the next few days I thought about what could have caused this issue. Then I noticed I had linked a bank card to my PayPal and it      hit me.

I had issued a refund to a customer for a silly reason and I didn't give it a second thought. Well I realized that the refund took a bit longer to leave my    PayPal and I used what was in my account for a few purchases. When it came time for the refund to be paid there wasn't enough to cover it. My linked          bank kicked in to cover the funds and unfortunately there wasn't enough there either.  So it was a case of insufficient funds is what caused PayPal to flag      my account.

I was pleased when I discovered my mistake and even more pleased when PayPal removed the Limitation as quickly as they did.  I think I got caught up in the Selling/Buying/Bidding hype that I forgot to sit back and look at the whole picture.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.