Account Limitation (permanent) -with no reason or communication

DanHVGC
Contributor
Contributor

Please help.  Whilst I am sure anyone would say this, I am a very genuine PayPal user.   I buy and sell the odd thing on EBay  (not business use), and I certainly buy nothing odd!!   My last purchases have been contact lens solution and a few books.  I have sold a watch.    Last week I received an email, out of the blue, saying my account has been permanently limited (with no right of appeal),  because of a breach of User Guidelines.

It seems to be a totalitarian world where one is accused of a breach of User Guidelines so serious that the account has been closed without discussion, so I assumed it must have been a mistake.  After many hours of trying to get through to the contact centre,  I was told that they could not access any information about my account and could not see why it had been closed.  They said that someone from "risk management" would be calling me "within 24 hours".   That call never came at all,  in almost a week now.   I finally got back to the contact centre on the phone and asked if they could put me through to "risk management" and they said no.  They have no ability to do that, nor any number or email address for them.  They admitted they have no idea whether I will ever receive a call.   When I said to the gentleman on the phone that this process seems somewhat secretive and barbaric,  he said he agreed!

I have tried leaving messages on the PayPal twitter support, but to no avail.

Can I actually do anything or speak to anyone?  I do not believe for one moment I have breached any User Guidelines.   Whilst tempted to tell PayPal to get lost, there is one key reason I want it back.   As I mentioned above I buy via Ebay contact lens solution.  The company that sell it only accept PayPal.  I am partially blind and this is the quickest and cheapest way of buying the only solution that works with my eyes.  Please, PayPal,  speak to me....  this is just not fair and appallingly rude service for a loyal customer of yours. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanHVGC 

Disclosure of reasons may be confidential due to the proprietary nature of the security system. There are hundreds to over a thousand things users can do that can exactly or relatedly violate PayPal's Restricted Activity and Acceptable Use Policy. On the other hand, a false positive or misunderstandings can occur. 

Try private messaging on facebook:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

If that fails maybe contact a consumer assistance agency in the UK that deals with company complaints so your account can be reviewed on an executive level.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DanHVGC
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for this helpful reply.   I do not use Facebook but I will see if I can find out how to contact PayPal there.    As phoning them, sending messages via the Help Centre,  or using Twitter,  is getting me nowhere.  

Login to Me Too

b_achour
New Community Member

i got limited for 180 days for no reason i was sending money to people i know and people who know me they send me but paypal limited me 

and my paypal account is fully verified i put all my personl informations from country,phone number,address and more like i have my own credit card linked to my account so please i need help to get unlimited  if you want me to do ID verification with my card verify i will do it just find me a soulution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.