Account Limitation (No Money After 180 Days)

June28
Contributor
Contributor

A little backstory, I sold shoes on eBay and got $1600 and my account was limited. I couldn't resolve because I was not over 18 therefore my account was limited and money was held for 180days. The 180 day period ended on the 10th of April and I still don't have my money back. Back then they said they will send an email letting my transfer my $1600 back to my bank account. However, I got nothing. I have tried to contact PayPal by calling and email, but no reply probably because of the coronavirus and only got auto replied messages. I wake up today to check my PayPal again, the money is completely gone. I checked the activity and there are no signs of transfer; the money is completed wiped from my balance. $1600 I earned for selling things is gone from PayPal and they still haven't given me a solution nor explanation. If someone had the same experience please reply because I really don't know what to do. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ddm49
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just angry! PayPal is the worst company on the market! First, they blocked my business because they thought I was a fraud, even though I didn't break any rules or cheat any of my clients. Everyone received their goods on time and is happy. Now it's been 180 days, maybe even 190, and I can't get my money back. I try to contact the support service but I only get automatic messages that my account is blocked forever. No one alive even reads this. How do I get my money back? Maybe for them it is crumbs, but for me $ 3800 is very important now. Never use Paypal. Stripe is the best.

Login to Me Too

June28
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried calling them? I cannot currently because their call centre is closed. This is actually BS, how can they keep our money after the 180 days account limited period. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@June28 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if you are allowed to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jaispeed2017
Contributor
Contributor

and how in the world are we supposed to know when that is?

they are holding my 4,000$ i got from unemployment yesterday. i sold 1 thing on ebay which i had to cancel the order and refund the money because they added account limitation to my account really for no reason. 

now no one is responding to me.  not in the message center or the paypal support twitter.  this is shameless

not only that, they are messing with federal money.  that's right this is federal money from the pandemic unemployment assistance program.

Login to Me Too

Zoe39
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are thieves complain to the Luxembourg financial ombudsman and sign this petition we need to stop them [removed]

Login to Me Too

accountingncp

agreed i am filing a lawsuit they allow me to have a personal paypal but perm restrict my legit business and have held my money and replied several times saying i can withdrawl funds but it wont allow me to even add a bank or request check with out bank. I didn't even do anything wrong and they shut my business account down!

Login to Me Too

allaine
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem and they even dont want to give your money back and keep saying I cant verify my account with Bankstatement I provide to them. The support is very bad and even to downfrage the account from Business is not possible. It means that they will keep your money and you will never be able to verify your account.

Login to Me Too

Redcodeyz
Contributor
Contributor
I didnt get any reply after 180 days. What should i do ?
Login to Me Too

Wholder56
New Community Member

Paypal permanently limited my account for no reason since 2020 and held onto my funds. its over 180 days and i still have not been able to withdraw my funds . i called their representative , they ask me to wait for a confirmation email ...its over a month now and i still havent gotten no confirmation email after they confirmed its over 180 days. when i chat/Call them . they told me there is nothing they can do untill i recieve an email telling me my funds are up for withdrawal. Paypal is a terrible service to use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.